The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishing the best for ya. Tried to go through the same thing back in '03, but the doc said he didn't want to do it. I said I wanted 'em gone, and he said when I came back with my hand in a claw shape, he'd do it. Said most times when they cut 'em off, they came back in spades. For once I listened. Only the ring finger has a crook, and it ain't that bad.
Hope they hooked you up on some good pain meds. Hands have lots of nerve endings.

My typing isn't gonna come easy for awhile. Quick procedure. In and out in in less than two hours. They were waiting for me when I got there. Part one is done, I go back on Monday to do part two. Then rehab.

View attachment 313010

If all goes well that little finger hanging out by itself will join the others.
Glad you’re home and everything went well. Best of luck with the next part and recovery 🥰

MONDAY IS THE REAL CHALLENGE. GONNA STRAIGHTEN THE FINGER. Doc says it will most likely tear the skin......great. Will be able to
better evaluate the damage and give us a better rehab time table.
Make sure you mark the brain before going back Monday
1668207841801.png

Found this interesting read. As most know here, we've been lied to our whole life. I've fell down a rabbit hole and can't stop looking for the truth. Since I'm not the sharpest stick in the quiver. Would someone check this out and see if it resonates with you. You might find that the peat we use, is from a flood/ catastrophe from the 10th century.

It even has pictures....lol

the dark earth chronicles

conjuringthepast dot com

pm me or open forum replies are welcome
274763-puffpuffpass-smilie.gif

Watching football elevating my hand.
Wishing the best for ya. Tried to go through the same thing back in '03, but the doc said he didn't want to do it. I said I wanted 'em gone, and he said when I came back with my hand in a claw shape, he'd do it. Said most times when they cut 'em off, they came back in spades. For once I listened. Only the ring finger has a crook, and it ain't that bad.
Hope they hooked you up on some good pain meds. Hands have lots of nerve endings.
Doc said Tylenol....sure....I have my own..

Glad you’re home and everything went well. Best of luck with the next part and recovery 🥰
Thanks Subbie, this is just superficial, inconvenience at worst. Nothing like what some here have delt with.
We dont heal like we used too sadto say.
Smoke some weed ,I hear it makes the pain go away ...

I know Joe. Ain't the first time and every time it takes longer to come back.

Morning OFC. I have never used an alarm clock. I just wake up when I am supposed to. Even if I get up at 3 am to go fishing...I just wake up. Even as a kid, mom never had to get me up.....my younger brother was exactly the opposite...

17 fargin degrees outside.....brrrrr.

Gotta get busy and get last minute things done in the grow this morning. Getting my hand worked on later today. Don't know what to expect of how long I will be unable to use it.
Good luck with the hand procedure!
gray, Ivan was introduced to the alpha male rollover on day one...both he and dutch were shown that, it certainly sets the ground rules in place and isn't forgotten...
Nothing I've found impresses them more and doesn't physically hurt them. My pups were quick studies on housebreaking 101, but a couple lagged behind on chewing 101.

I later learned it was due to separation anxiety, which was supported by my experience with Lola, our first pup after my retirement. One of us was almost always with her and she didn't chew stuff up, even when we were both gone.
Back in my working days, I had the clock set for 0400. I'd wake up and turn it off at 0345 or so. Up and out by 0430 and battling the idiots on I 75 to be in Murder City by 0630. Don't miss those days a bit. Now a days, I wake up when I wake up. First thing I did when I retired back in '06 was to take off my slave bracelet and toss it in the trash. Haven't worn a watch since. I'm on Indian time.
Mine came off on retirement day, 1-1-2005 as well and stayed off. I just noticed a box of watches a few days back, all of them run down or with dead batteries. Now I just carry a phone..............
All I know is I don't have time for this. There are no days off if you have a perpetual grow. I need to pop jars and I have one hand.

Watch me get through this without slowing down. Evaluate, adapt, overcome.

Spoken like a stoner on pain killers.
🍻
Commiseration and good luck with your rehab brother. You are past the toughest part for me, and that was when they shot up my hand to deaden it for surgery. Lots of nerves in our hands and it felt like they found a huge percent of them with the syringe.

I fortunately only had my ring finger done, so my recovery time was minimal, though we would have to define recovery.

I was touch typing poorly the day after and my finger is for all practical purposes now straight, but I can still feel stiffness when curling my fingers into a tight fist and it won't hyperextend as far as the rest.

I also had to buy a jar wrench for the first time in my life, because I don't have the grip strength I used to.

Yet another thing to develop a sense of humor about as more of our superannuated parts wear out or fall off......................

Good morning

coffee time with cinnamon rolls

then we blast some BHO oil since it is like 20 degrees this morning

got the chicken coop winterized just in time

i take care of two feral cats , for the last 13 years and the old male is going blind…this will be the first time that i have ever taken care of a blind animal , this should be interesting

i am still in shock over Matt’s passing

RIP my Friend

9A784131-B055-4AFC-98C8-0BAACCC7157F.jpeg

17ADBD56-02E2-4AD7-BFDA-41F4520CE987.jpeg

i take care of two feral cats , for the last 13 years and the old male is going blind…this will be the first time that i have ever taken care of a blind animal , this should be interesting
As long as he's in the same surroundings, you shouldn't notice any difference. The first Shetland Sheepdog I bought my wife went blind. She wouldn't believe it, even when I pointed out the frosty eyes. I finally moved one chair about two feet. Yep, he ran smack into it. It was a large padded recliner, so no damage to him other than a little bewilderment and I moved it back into the original place, but it proved my point to her.

Speaking of the Old Hen's dog, she got a reality check this morning. She headed out the front door with the dog and then noticed a coyote standing at the end of the driveway. She spotted it about the same time he did, and off he goes after it. He's a little bitty dog, and she starts screaming at him to come back, which luckily he did. She goes out with the 9MM now. I'd warned her years ago not to take him out without a firearm, and this made a believer out of her.

Latest posts

Back