The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good night
Well, one more pair of mods

Yes, No, and Maybe.

1. I have water purification tabs <-- But they are for streams with a big water boo in them, downhill from a ville in the jungle . They will keep you free of everything up to those white worms, but the water tastes like borax in gasoline.

2. The well is a drinkin' water well (capped), just not used for a silly $payoff reason.

3. The well in use for my house right now (five fargin feet away!) has sooper water.

4. I have checked the pipe test water (in jug to do the original volume gotten) = OK.

5. Emergency is emergency. Herself has not yet been shown how to make a Dakota fire pit. So we'll just drink it as it comes out. Just like a pump at a farm.

So if we get to #5, TS has most ricky-tick hit TF. At that point, you just trust the well and use minimum fire. Quote from that nasty Pawnee in Dances With Wolves: "Only a white man would make a fire in the open."

For not-so-bad-as-the-above emergencies, I have taught her how to make a volcano stove fire with the oak I have stacked in my outbuilding. It will hold a pot for cooking, etc.

LATE EDIT ADD: Re-read the above, and a thought smacked me: Jeez, I have, without planning, made some fargin real SHTF plans. Water, stored and constant food source, multi-year firewood stored, guns, swords, bayonets, etc., PM's Au/Ag/Cu, and located in a sane climate**

**The Unca Walt Location Selection Test:

Go out on the front lawn and lay down stark nekkid. If any of the following happens, the site has failed as a place to live permanently:

1. You die of exposure in 37 minutes (eg: picture my bro, Big's test result...)

2. The neighbors notice (double points if they call the cops)

I live now at the end of a dirt road that stops at a canal full of fish. My front yard is not visible from the road or the neighbors, and there is jungle on the far side.

So since all I would get is a sunburn and not death, it would appear my location suffices.
You sound like me, I pack a 1953 colt 357 with explosive rounds

Does anybody remember the BALLOON BOY incident?
1675694965535.png

I have a handful of Saginaw skunk crosses to play with. Believe it was an open pollination. Probably play with them first. Hope I can knock the dust off my green thumbs and catch up fast.
Good luck and we will be routing for a good grow. keep us posted so we can follow along

Latest posts

Back