The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this There are several types of poisons used

Yowza. I din' even know there were other kinds of rat poison other than ground up corn cobs. But that worked just fine, and it was always free. As a kid, I cut open a couple of rats who'd given up the ghost, and sure 'nuff -- rocks instead of dupees.

And natch, the kids did the grinding -- we used a 150 year old grindy wheel.

Yowza. I din' even know there were other kinds of rat poison other than ground up corn cobs. But that worked just fine, and it was always free.
Cornbread mixed with baking soda equal amount will kill them also
That one blows up there stomach and rats can not vomit.

I never use poisons. I use traps. Dont want the fkers eating the poison and dying in a wall or in the attic. Then again i haven't seen a rat or mouse in several years.
Living out here in farm country, ya'd think I'd have lots of rats. Never seen a one. Mice? By the bucketful.

I for one would never ever take a chance saying this
I love my Dog as a child
I love my dogs too mostly big country dogs that lived long lives too. I just learned thru time that they are much more durable than I thought. Kinda like weed plants…. Dogs especially ones that are allowed to roam the property learn independence unlike our bougie dogs (like my city dog Maryjane) learn quick on their own yes sometimes with consequences but I personally think they love life a little more when they are allowed to roam a little.

I love my dogs too mostly big country dogs that lived long lives too. I just learned thru time that they are much more durable than I thought. Kinda like weed plants…. Dogs especially ones that are allowed to roam the property learn independence unlike our bougie dogs (like my city dog Maryjane) learn quick on their own yes sometimes with consequences but I personally think they love life a little more when they are allowed to roam a little.
Yes , But you are not married to my Wife
I will leave it just as that.

I have heard that. Rat poison attacks the intestines.
Yes but most dog owners that love their dogs would keep the poisons away from the dogs. Now having a neighbor that tosses it around is a different story. My dogs are allowed to roam in my backyard but still could run into danger. We give them free time but check on them often.

My dog roams my backyard. He eats anything that doesn't eat him 1st. Wasn't but a few weeks ago the fker ate some mushrooms. He was not doing well. He was sick and tripping. I had to force water down his throat with a turkey baster to keep him from dying from dehydration. He has eaten all kinds of flowers that made him sick. Not to mention a few lizards, grass snake and one frog he got a taste of. Pretty much has built up his immunity. I think the fker is part goat. And all that was just in my backyard and i dont live in the Country. I can leave the gate open and he will only go about 3 ft passed it. One time i didn't realize he was on the other side and i closed the gate. He was scratching at the front door before i could get in the back door of the house. 😁 . He was like,,Hey mother fker you closed the gate,,let me in ass.hole. 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Living out here in farm country, ya'd think I'd have lots of rats. Never seen a one. Mice? By the bucketful.
Really, there is a green belt between my house and the golf course.....these huge rats are there by the dozens. They eat my maters once they get ripe. I use traps and Tom Cat bait stations. Never seen on in the house .....mise either for that matter....cause Pute KIlls!!

20190901_075227.jpg

Latest posts

Back