The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you think they will come all the way out here n Egypt for one horse?

also , what if the neighbors find out it was me who called?…they live next door to me and i have to get along with them somehow

i would try and talk to them but i have my doubts that my message would be well recieved and all i would do is piss them off

they are a bunch of hillbillies
Maybe get someone that lives away from you to turn him in

so my neighbor rescues animals , cats , dogs , and a what could be a beautiful Arabian horse

but i gots issues with how they treat the animals , especially the horse

he is in a dirt corral with little to no shelter from the elements

he is wormy , eats his own horse apples , he is never brushed , lays down in his own poo in the cold winter , and is totally underfed , his ribs are showing

he has not been taken out of the corral for months to run and get some exercise , he needs a bath really bad , combed and curried , and he needs his feet looked after

so i bought a bale of alfalfa and a 50 lb sack of fortified oats for horses and i have started feeding him early and late each day for a week now

the parents have left town about 10 days ago and have left the chores to their son and he is a real space cadet , i never never seen him come ouside only to feed and water their critters

did i also ment they have about a dozen cats of which i feed 2-4 about every day?

just pisses me off

but what to do?

any suggestions?

we are gonna worm the horse today , i still have plenty of ivermectin

i will try and take a photo of the horse today
Well done for helping out there.

Horses need their feet taken care of too and those folks desperately need some animal care education.

Good on you big for being the animals advocate. I think people who abuse animals should suffer the same abuse themselves… if we take an animal into our home and care for it it’s an obligation that lasts as long as the life does…
My dog lives, eats and is treated better than me. This is my best friend. Ain't Mrs Pute....she talks back.

IMG_20220303_161859343.jpg

Exposed? How did he deal with infections?
That is a good question. Many times I would see him rubbing the always swollen 2" red oblong area halfway up to his knee. In the center of that red area, I could see some white bone.

It always looked angry red. For years. But, like all us Sneds, we can be wounded but are hard to kill. He never ran, and he walked in a way that I could always recognize but not describe.

The accident occurred several years before I was born. Got an old newspaper clipping about it somewhere. He died at age 81.

but i gots issues with how they treat the animals , especially the horse

he is in a dirt corral with little to no shelter from the elements

he is wormy , eats his own horse apples , he is never brushed , lays down in his own poo in the cold winter , and is totally underfed , his ribs are showing

he has not been taken out of the corral for months to run and get some exercise , he needs a bath really bad , combed and curried , and he needs his feet looked after

so i bought a bale of alfalfa and a 50 lb sack of fortified oats for horses and i have started feeding him early and late each day for a week now
Big -- Write a letter to the ASPCA -- include at least all of the things above.

If you have cramped pingles, give them a fargin phone call. They are right around the corner from you.

Colorado Humane Society and SPCA​

Address
2080 S Quebec St, Denver, CO 80231, United States

Phone
+1 720 241 7111| facebook

Hours
Wed8 AM–5 PM

I saved a tortured-by-neglect horsie in Manassas, VA thataway.
1683149137561.png

Big -- Write a letter to the ASPCA -- include at least all of the things above.

If you have cramped pingles, give them a fargin phone call. They are right around the corner from you.

Colorado Humane Society and SPCA​

Address
2080 S Quebec St, Denver, CO 80231, United States

Phone
+1 720 241 7111| facebook

Hours
Wed8 AM–5 PM

I saved a tortured-by-neglect horsie in Manassas, VA thataway.
View attachment 326879

thanks Unca

now what do i do about the fact that this person lives right next door to me and he finds out it was me who turned him in?

i need to think this through

all advice is appreciated

Latest posts

Back