The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he still has his winter coat but when ya get up closer his ribs show a little

maybe i am over reacting ,it could be a lot worse

but yeah , no exercise , no baths , he is white , he eats his own poo=wormy , no hay or nothing to graze on between morning and evening feeds , i have not seen him brushed for at least 6 months , and on and on…

that sh-it bothers me , maybe i am overthinking it all

Arabian gelding about 8 yrs old

BD5C7CA4-78DB-4B32-99D5-A3DDCA7568DD.jpeg

thanks Unca

now what do i do about the fact that this person lives right next door to me and he finds out it was me who turned him in?

i need to think this through

all advice is appreciated
@bigsur51 How about you talk to your neighbor and explain you grew up around horses and you admire the white horse so much that you would like to offer your service to groom the magnificent beast. And he they say yes and agree you could move on to feeding extra and med attention.
He may be too engaged with things in his life right now.
His kid wont give two sheits , that they way most kids are now
Video games and tiktok baby.

so my neighbor rescues animals , cats , dogs , and a what could be a beautiful Arabian horse

but i gots issues with how they treat the animals , especially the horse

he is in a dirt corral with little to no shelter from the elements

he is wormy , eats his own horse apples , he is never brushed , lays down in his own poo in the cold winter , and is totally underfed , his ribs are showing

he has not been taken out of the corral for months to run and get some exercise , he needs a bath really bad , combed and curried , and he needs his feet looked after

so i bought a bale of alfalfa and a 50 lb sack of fortified oats for horses and i have started feeding him early and late each day for a week now

the parents have left town about 10 days ago and have left the chores to their son and he is a real space cadet , i never never seen him come ouside only to feed and water their critters

did i also ment they have about a dozen cats of which i feed 2-4 about every day?

just pisses me off

but what to do?

any suggestions?

we are gonna worm the horse today , i still have plenty of ivermectin

i will try and take a photo of the horse today
You could sit down and write them a note about how the horse seems neglected and ask if they ever thought about rehoming it. I wouldn’t mention to them about worming their horse just in case it keels over for another reason of bad health and blame it on you. when they get the note, they will realize someone is watching and may clean up their act at least with the horse anyway…. Good luck with this, I hate to see animals neglected. 🙁

he still has his winter coat but when ya get up closer his ribs show a little

maybe i am over reacting ,it could be a lot worse

but yeah , no exercise , no baths , he is white , he eats his own poo=wormy , no hay or nothing to graze on between morning and evening feeds , i have not seen him brushed for at least 6 months , and on and on…

that sh-it bothers me , maybe i am overthinking it all

Arabian gelding about 8 yrs old

View attachment 326881
He doesn’t appear to be too skinny but sure does need some care. His right rear looks lame from this shot. No place to graze requires at least hay to feed on and daily oats. if nobody cares about him to love him and socialize with him, he must be sad too..horses have a lot of personality and need to socialize with humans or other animals. Defiantly needs a bath and grooming and hooves too I’d bet…

I would be more concerned if the horse starts looking like this

View attachment 326891
My grandfather use to adopt/buy horses Like that usually skinny and wild too. He would fatten them up, my dad would break them to ride and I would ride them to get them use to being ridden. Then my grandaddy would sell them for a profit.

Nice forerunner.. I think it is a Forerunner.
Thanx Pute. Yes 4Runner. It feels good having my ride back even if it’s a little different. This one has 4wd which I don’t really need but it came with the deal. Also has 3rd row seating which can still be folded down so my doggos can have their cargo space. Don’t want to be hauling extra kids with their icecream around so those seats will stay out of sight 🤣🤣. It’s a 2020 mine was a 2016. They are hard to find and hold their value pretty good.

Latest posts

Back