The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For pute and Big and all the resta youse that live in a hostile environment...

Here's a short clip of yer wimmin doing the laundry: SOUND
PS: I love the walk back.

Wow, I don't live in that hostile of an environment.....But I do walk 5 miles to work up hill both ways.

Thanx Pute. Yes 4Runner. It feels good having my ride back even if it’s a little different. This one has 4wd which I don’t really need but it came with the deal. Also has 3rd row seating which can still be folded down so my doggos can have their cargo space. Don’t want to be hauling extra kids with their icecream around so those seats will stay out of sight 🤣🤣. It’s a 2020 mine was a 2016. They are hard to find and hold their value pretty good.
You can probably take the 3rd row seat out if you are not to use it

I like your new ride Subbie. My grandson had a forerunner and he put 300,000 miles on it before he traded it in on the Subaru. Keep the oil clean in that vehicle will outlast the both of us… I just got back home from my weekly trip to the produce market. The farmstand has vegetables that look like there out of a restaurant scene instead of a farmers market. I adore the miniature squash, and they have mangoes that melt in your mouth…

Done in the grow. Only one more plant to do and I am FREE for the summer. The grass needs cutting and rain coming....I can't catch a break.

Going out to dinner tonight with Mrs Pute's Brother and his wife. Good people and should be fun. Her brother is a light weight and only smokes once a month or so. Last time he visited he only took one Hit of the SnowCaine and couldn't talk he was so high ..... makes me think I grow Hero Weed....ha ha.

Off to mow.

I like your new ride Subbie. My grandson had a forerunner and he put 300,000 miles on it before he traded it in on the Subaru. Keep the oil clean in that vehicle will outlast the both of us… I just got back home from my weekly trip to the produce market. The farmstand has vegetables that look like there out of a restaurant scene instead of a farmers market. I adore the miniature squash, and they have mangoes that melt in your mouth…
Yeah I was planning on the 300,000 miles with my last one. It was a 2016 with only 52,000 miles. This one a 2020 with 35,000 but I like it so I’m over the pain now…

My mangoes are not even full-sized yet, much less ripe. And now you've gone and given me a craving.

Gonna find out if the local goodie stand has any from the tropics.

The grass is mowed trimmed and the side walk and driveway is blown out. If I had any energy left I would start in on the veggie garden, Gonna rain anyway.....it will still be there tomorrow if dry enough.

So, what to do with the rest of the day.......If I leave the house I am just gonna spend money on something I don't need. Think I will just sit here and drink.

I went out in the back field and picked up a couple of bucket loads of branches to get ready for its first mow. Too wet to bother today. I was scootin' along in bunny and the rear tires started to spin. Put her down in turtle and 4WD and took care of the spin. Didn't feel like crawling under it to put the belly mower on anyhoo. My 60" diesel salad shooter makes fairly quick work outta the acreage out back.

I went out in the back field and picked up a couple of bucket loads of branches to get ready for its first mow. Too wet to bother today. I was scootin' along in bunny and the rear tires started to spin. Put her down in turtle and 4WD and took care of the spin. Didn't feel like crawling under it to put the belly mower on anyhoo. My 60" diesel salad shooter makes fairly quick work outta the acreage out back.
I 1st read as you picked cotton LOL
where is my mind and why are you growing cotton?

Cotton doesn't grow up here in Yankeeland. My folks damn sure picked it. Mom started field work at three. She carried a bucket of water and a dipper for the ones that were working. By the time she was five, she chopped. I forgot what age she was when she was picking. The Old Man only went to school up to the third grade 'cause they kept him too busy working in the fields. Growing up during the Great Depression wasn't easy for anyone, especially kids. I think we're gonna see a generation that understands real soon.

Cotton doesn't grow up here in Yankeeland. My folks damn sure picked it. Mom started field work at three. She carried a bucket of water and a dipper for the ones that were working. By the time she was five, she chopped. I forgot what age she was when she was picking. The Old Man only went to school up to the third grade 'cause they kept him too busy working in the fields. Growing up during the Great Depression wasn't easy for anyone, especially kids. I think we're gonna see a generation that understands real soon.

I pulled cotton growing up. The difference between pulling and picking, is that when you pick you pick boll and all, but when you pull, you pull only the cotton fiber from the boll.

Latest posts

Back