The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning gang. First cup of coffee, checked the plants. Week four of bloom. Looking good🙃.
Looks like one of my snails did the dirty. Had a clutch hatch in the aquarium in my basement. I must have 35-50 snails in there, just cruising around. Once the get some size I’ll move some to my other tanks. I’ll still have way too many. They do a good job cleaning the glass. And if a fish dies they clean that up too lol.

I grew up around White Tail and they get tamer when they are around people a lot, but I have never gotten close enough to lay a hand on a live wild one.
I had an old video of my buddy wearing a cowboy hat, pretending to be sleeping while leaning up against a fencepost.

A twelve-point buck was eating some corn (not visible) out of his hat brim!

It was a breeding farm. There was a large special pen with an absolutely ancient-looking doe in it. The guy running the farm told us she was an astonishing 21 years old, and that she was the progenitor of the whole deer farm... every one of the herd was descended from her.

I learned that bucks may seem to run the place, but they only live an average of 5 years old in the wild, he had one old guy that was 17.

Oh, hellfire... while I'm at it, I gotta tell you about the time Herself and I were visiting the Baron of Skelly in Scotland. As I drove my car up to his no-shit castle, there were these giant things absolutely laying down in the grass behind a fence. They were the hugest deer I have ever seen. Red deer.

Each one had a tag on its ear, and they gazed at me with bored semi-interest. If they did not have uncountable antlers that looked almost cartoonish or photshopped in their gigantic proportions, they would have resembled cows.

HAH!! Found a picture of them.
1688290348034.png

Quarter-ton deer.

Last edited:
I had an old video of my buddy wearing a cowboy hat, pretending to be sleeping while leaning up against a fencepost.

A twelve-point buck was eating some corn (not visible) out of his hat brim!

It was a breeding farm. There was a large special pen with an absolutely ancient-looking doe in it. The guy running the farm told us she was an astonishing 21 years old, and that she was the progenitor of the whole deer farm... every one of the herd was descended from her.

I learned that bucks may seem to run the place, but they only live an average of 5 years old in the wild, he had one old guy that was 17.

Oh, hellfire... while I'm at it, I gotta tell you about the time Herself and I were visiting the Baron of Skelly in Scotland. As I drove my car up to his no-shit castle, there were these giant things absolutely laying down in the grass behind a fence. They were the hugest deer I have ever seen. Red deer.

Each one had a tag on its ear, and they gazed at me with bored semi-interest. If they did not have uncountable antlers that looked almost cartoonish or photshopped in their gigantic proportions, they would have resembled cows.

HAH!! Found a picture of them.
View attachment 332668
Quarter-ton deer.
Good morning old farts and fartesses! Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday!

Nice racks!

We have White Tail, Black Tail, and Mule deer here in Oregon, all of which get casual around people, and can sometimes be enticed with food, but still don't like to be touched.

Latest posts

Back