The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t think chicken broth would do it for me in the morning anyway. I’d probably go with lemon water if I had to quit coffee. I always wonder what’s in those bullion cubes or powder that you buy in the jar like MSG and unnatural ingredients like colors or other stuff. I do use them in a pinch now and then when cooking and have also drank a cup of it to get warmed up in the winter or when I’m under the weather.
Good morning Walt and all y’all 💕

Decaf is a lie. Hate to pass this on... but it is a fargin lyin' misnomer.

Decaf should read "somewhat reduced caffeine". Same with tea.

The amount of caffeine in Decaf Coffee is enough to trigger Afib. <-- Read it and weep snot, but don't argue. Shitdamnhellpissfartpoop.

And if you drink your Decaf... watch the sugar. NORMALLY healthy [men] should have a sugar intake of 50 grams per day. Those with any sort of heart problems should limit the intake to 36 grams per day. The American Heart Association says adults should not get more than 10% of their daily calorie intake from sugar.

Camomille tea has no caffeine (the only tea that has no caffeine) but tastes like a hairball from a shower drain.

I found a solution: Chicken broth. Powder, hot water, and good to go. No stimulant, but that is what you are trying to stop taking in the first place.
https://www.ncausa.org/Decaffeinate...re warmed,and “supercritical carbon dioxide.”
Like regular coffee, decaf coffee begins as green, unroasted beans. The hard beans are warmed and soaked in liquid to dissolve and remove the caffeine in one of four ways: using water alone, using a mixture of water and solvents (most commonly methylene chloride or ethyl acetate) applied either directly or indirectly, or using water and “supercritical carbon dioxide.”

All four methods are safe, and once the caffeine is removed (well, at least 97% of it), the beans are washed, steamed, and roasted at temperatures that evaporate all the liquids used in decaffeination

Don’t think chicken broth would do it for me in the morning anyway. I’d probably go with lemon water if I had to quit coffee. I always wonder what’s in those bullion cubes or powder that you buy in the jar like MSG and unnatural ingredients like colors or other stuff. I do use them in a pinch now and then when cooking and have also drank a cup of it to get warmed up in the winter or when I’m under the weather.
Good morning Walt and all y’all 💕
Yes I believe a lot of those cubes have tons of salts

I quit coffee for almost eight months due to some health bullshittery.
The first cup coming back was.............incredible.
Nearly a psychedelic experience for me almost makes it worth quitting again.
😆
Just like quitting weed. Always the best buzz starting again 😊

I repeat for clarity: There IS caffeine in Decaf. Yes, greatly reduced. And those who have already had Afib, are at risk drinking the concoction because those who have had Afib now have the gun equivalent of a worn sear, a loose lock, a busted safety, etc.

The amount of caffeine in decaf tea or coffee is enough to trigger the Afib.

There It is.

OH WAIT: it gets worse -- Alcohol. I heard near-beer or sumpin' of that category mentioned above.

Useta be, before you got your first Afib, you could pound down gallons of Kingfisher beer no prob. Now... if you take just a sip of Bud Lite, not only your self-respect but the atrial chamber in your heart is gonna tell you what's what and who's yer Uncle.

Live accordingly. Or farkin' die accordingly. Pick one.

Last edited:
I repeat for clarity: There IS caffeine in Decaf. And those who have already had Afib, are at risk drinking the concoction because those who have had Afib now have the gun equivalent of a worn sear.

There It is.
IMG_1487.gif

More coffee!
Ready fer what I hadda give up cold turkey? I mean, BAM! Full stop.

Morning coffee was a quart of strong, black, no sugar coffee. 😍

Evening was a lovely snifter of Remy Martin XO Brandy mixed with Kahlua. Or two. The most delicious, satisfying alcoholic drink ever.

Later on that day: Forever a memory, never again a taste of either. Leaving sex as my major form of things to do.

And when yer born in 1940, sex is pretty much up there with scuba, piloting, football... Nevertheless, I intend to live forever or die in the attempt -- although I have a bad posture. <-- But that is just a hunch.

I repeat for clarity: There IS caffeine in Decaf. Yes, greatly reduced. And those who have already had Afib, are at risk drinking the concoction because those who have had Afib now have the gun equivalent of a worn sear, a loose lock, a busted safety, etc.

There It is.

OH WAIT: it gets worse -- Alcohol. I heard near-beer or sumpin' of that category mentioned above.

Useta be, before you got your first Afib, you could pound down gallons of Kingfisher beer no prob. Now... if you take just a sip of Bud Lite, not only your self-respect but the atrial chamber in your heart is gonna tell you what's what and who's yer Uncle.

Live accordingly. Or farkin' die accordingly. Pick one.
I drink Miller Lite everyday. Thyroid meds fixed the AFib. I use to have it real bad. 3 trips to the emergency room with many more attacks that I didn't go to the emergency over.
And yes AFib has triggers. Everyone is different I guess. Ever since the thyroid meds, I have not had any AFib at all, and I've even been able to eat chocolate again. My thyroid was causing my AFib all along. Glad me and my doc got it worked out. The first dosage didn't work so after I took it on my own to up my dosage,,bam,, problem solved.

AFib sucks. Glad I got mine under control. Thyroid meds took care of that. Ppl don't realize how much your thyroid actually does.
What Roster is feeling is actually an extra beat. It's not skipping a beat. My doctor told me that. I'll go find something on it.
An old friend of mine stopped by the pub a year ago to have a drink with me. I noticed that his voice sounded a little funny and mentioned the fact to him. He admitted he'd noticed and that he had a doctor's appointment to check it out. Turned out to be thyroid cancer. They did the radiation/chemo route, he lost sight in one eye due to a stroke, and was dead in less than six months.
I grew up around White Tail and they get tamer when they are around people a lot, but I have never gotten close enough to lay a hand on a live wild one.
I have. I had one a few years back that would walk right up to me for head pets anytime she saw me outside. I finally quit going out when I'd spot her first. I was afraid she'd start thinking that all humans were friendly, and hunting season was coming up.
I found a solution: Chicken broth. Powder, hot water, and good to go. No stimulant, but that is what you are trying to stop taking in the first place.
Any I've ever seen was high in sodium. No problems for me; I salt the ketchup that I dip my salted French fries in, but some old codgers are on salt restricted diets.

Gotta get my butt busy and get the lawn mowed before the rain kicks in.

I gave up coffee about 2 months ago, made my gut miserable and causes all kinds of distress early on in the day...been drinking green tea straight up and enjoy it but damn if I don't miss the black gold that got me fired up...
my brother, i gave it up for two years still had my dr pepper every day and fresh sweet black tea. picked my coffee cup back up, don't drink as much as i did, but drinking my straight up strong coffee. hope you been doing well my brother. haven't talked to brother drift in awhile either. things been looking up in lodge a bit, we got a new mm and are planning a ea after we install the new officers. guess who is still secretary.

to all the rest of you fine folks, top of the day to you.

An old friend of mine stopped by the pub a year ago to have a drink with me. I noticed that his voice sounded a little funny and mentioned the fact to him. He admitted he'd noticed and that he had a doctor's appointment to check it out. Turned out to be thyroid cancer. They did the radiation/chemo route, he lost sight in one eye due to a stroke, and was dead in less than six months.

I have. I had one a few years back that would walk right up to me for head pets anytime she saw me outside. I finally quit going out when I'd spot her first. I was afraid she'd start thinking that all humans were friendly, and hunting season was coming up.

Any I've ever seen was high in sodium. No problems for me; I salt the ketchup that I dip my salted French fries in, but some old codgers are on salt restricted diets.

Gotta get my butt busy and get the lawn mowed before the rain kicks in.

I mowed all day yesterday and used the weed eater till dark thirty…..got about 30‘ feet left this morning and then I am caught up for about a week , maybe longer or shorter depending on rain

there was one year during the middle of a 5 year sever drought I only mowed my lawn twice the entire year!….once in the spring and once in the fall……

I pull the plugs on goliath and replace the front tires so I think I’m going to take him out of the shop this afternoon and wash two years worth of dirt off of the paint… once it’s washed I’m gonna have to take it down the road at speed to blow the water spots off of it… it does a great job of setting off car alarms wherever it goes…😆

I pull the plugs on goliath and replace the front tires so I think I’m going to take him out of the shop this afternoon and wash two years worth of dirt off of the paint… once it’s washed I’m gonna have to take it down the road at speed to blow the water spots off of it… it does a great job of setting off car alarms wherever it goes…😆
I never saw That one , info and pics please
Is that your apocalypse vehicle

Latest posts

Back