The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100 plants would be the death of me. I have been at this since 8:30 and am still on the run. Help!
We had maybe 50 plants at a time at Skunk Pharm Research with about half in the flower room. A tremendous amount of work, even without end product trimming. We avoided that trimming by extracting the leaves and buds together.

I've made two attempts to grow at home since we shut down our SPR gardens, using NL seeds from Uni for the first. That first year our cat Melissa kept eating the seedlings, so I had to finish the two surviving plants at a friends home, one of which turned out to be male.

This year I only grew two Train Wrecks, but started from clones to avoid males and grew them in the cage I built to grow cat free herbs, until they were large enough to take care of themselves.

I grew them in 5 gallon buckets instead of our usual 25 gallon smart pots to keep their height below the rear courtyard wall, which has worked out, but we are getting close to the rainy season and their trichomes are still mostly clear.

Fortunately the 5-gallon buckets kept them compact enough that I should be able to cover them with plastic during the early rains, which may avoid botrytis but still leave me vulnerable to Powdery Mildew if the rains last very long. In our indoor gardens we used fans and dehumidifiers to avoid PM, but that is impractical where they are outside.

Vee vill zee.................................

Last edited:
Okay I found it. Deons boys won. Damnt I missed a good game.😭

Screenshot_20230917-071050.png

Thats what grandkids are for :)
Alas my three grandsons are about 3000 miles away, so we've started paying other people's grandsons to keep us off of tall ladders.

The way our house is constructed, the main portion has a two story high 60-degree cathedral ceiling with literally two-foot-thick walls for noise control, which puts the gutters for that portion at about head level. I can clean them out standing on the ground, but the remaining portion is actual two story and requires a 26' ladder, which is too heavy and clumsey for me to safely handle by myself anymore.

I've looked at gutter shields, but we still have the high valleys, which fill up regularly living under a 120-year-old Douglas Fir, so it would be only a partial solution.

Last edited:
Hey GrayWolf, I Made my own gutter cleaner.View attachment 341142View attachment 341143
Kool! Good idea and implementation!

I built something along the same lines using water for cleaning the valleys. It is only 10' long, so I still have to use a ladder, but it kept me off the roofs and my 26' ladder, which has heavier members and weighs about twice as much as my 22' aluminum ladder, that I can still masterfully control by my lonesome self.

Last edited:
NOPE! Never did. I got morphine once. That stuff made me so numb you coulda cut my damned head off with a hot butter knife, and I'd have grinned at you while you were doin' it. I was FLYIN'!
Scared the crap outta me, I liked it so much - that was always in the back of my mind. Strictly vegetarian for me.
Corn, Hops, Or Cannabis.
Done bunches. Very boring high by itself. Grow you some poppies. Quick and easy. My last wife was a RN. Came home a time or to with partial MS liquid vial. ( We also swiped it from a friend Dr Dad back in the day) Pull rubber plug, dump in bowl. Enough pot to soak it up and let dry. King of bowl toppers, good sleep.

Bubba

Picture of me saying hello to the Indian.
This was the race track the Sopranos used when Tonys father left it to his girl friend and they were troubles.
The Indian is in the episode
I asked his name
he dont talk much
View attachment 341148
No surprise there. The indigenous Americans were taciturn by modern standards.

Latest posts

Back