The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was I?

Oh, yeah... A series of most unusual events has just occurred.

When I typed the only English word thing... that was the moment my Beautiful Witch started talking excitedly to the guy who bonged our gong in the front (the A/C guy).

The excitement was due to a HUGE painted turkle laying eggs right under my ylang-ylang tree. She had started to cover them up by the time I found out and got the camera. Just in time:

1611870612424.png

By the time the A/C guy got done tinkering with my mo-chine, Mama Turkle was clomping slowly (clearly tired) down my driveway. I picked her up and carried her over to the pond nearby. When I put her down, she nearly jumped in the water.

I am gonna put a small protective fox/raccoon-fence around the nest to hopefully prevent the eggs getting dug up.

The temperature just dropped 15 degrees in the last hour.

Oh. Turns out the guy (John) got the lady in the office to make three separate phone calls... seems my warranty runs out at the end of JANUARY. The insurance people did not want to cover it... were giving a real hard time. But John and the Office Lady persevered.

The diff? The motor and the motherboard and some other gadget do not have to be paid for by Himself due to their efforts. 😇 :p

That was a $1000+ difference. I just have to pay installation fee. Parts were over $1K.

I gave him a signed copy of Faerie Diamonds. And a nice snifter of Angel's Envy.

I love being married to a witch.

The day is saved!! Turns out the guy in the field reversed two digits of my phone number and could not get to us. Jeez.

He was queueing up his phone list thing and...

HEY!!! WAITAMINNIT!!! Lookit that.

"queueing" is the only English word with five consecutive vowels.
Sounds very Fugazee to me.......................

Woohoo glad it came to a nice ending

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all. Starting to get fishing fever. Rainbows will start stacking up at lake inlets in the next month or so for their annual spawning run. My favorite place is called the "Dream Stream". Earned it's name cause at certain times of the year there are up to 10lb fish in

Only problem is this stream is at 9,500 ft above sea level and located in one of the windiest parts of the state. Not uncommon to be fly fishing in 20 mph sustained wind with a surface temp of well below freezing......in other words The Tip Of H e l l.

But, if you but if you time it right it is worth it. Nothing I have expierenced is like hooking a 28" trout with a 4wt fly rod using 4lb tippet (line).

I actually broke out my fly tying vice today and tied a half a dozen flies.

Afternoon all. Starting to get fishing fever. Rainbows will start stacking up at lake inlets in the next month or so for their annual spawning run. My favorite place is called the "Dream Stream". Earned it's name cause at certain times of the year there are up to 10lb fish in

Only problem is this stream is at 9,500 ft above sea level and located in one of the windiest parts of the state. Not uncommon to be fly fishing in 20 mph sustained wind with a surface temp of well below freezing......in other words The Tip Of H e l l.

But, if you but if you time it right it is worth it. Nothing I have expierenced is like hooking a 28" trout with a 4wt fly rod using 4lb tippet (line).

I actually broke out my fly tying vice today and tied a half a dozen flies.

Me thinks we may be living in parallel universes.

There is a 1 mile "private" stretch of Tobyhanna Creek that I fish a couple times each year.
The creek runs along the boundary of Camp Achahela (a Boy Scout camp where I spent many nights as a youngster and learned outdoor skills (e.g. sitting atop the cabin roof, with a few of your buds, smoking buds at the sweet age of 15.. My developing brain cells soaked it right up.

That 1 mile "private" stretch was purchased by a group of rich Philadelphia lawyers -who built a getaway camp and dubbed their private stretch of creek "The Dream Mile". In that DreamMile they would stock Tanker Trout -5lbers and up- Rainbow & Brown Trout.

I feel attachment to Camp Achahela, great childhood memories, pristine environment. Since I could not buy/afford a membership into the Rich Boy's club - I did the next best thing,

Go Fishing "Behind Enemy Lines"... Guerilla Style.

Like you - I use fly-flickin equipment 4wt rod - and those Tanker Trout would try their best to snap my rod... The DreamMile was patrolled with a $300 trespass fine awaiting anyone caught there.

One day, I was hiking out and I was approached by an old dude who started berating me and asking me for my ID so he can write me up.

I told him I was sorry, explained the history I had with Camp Achahela, my attachment to Toby Creek, and then I showed him my backpack, with no Fish - they were all released - and 3 beer cans and candy wrappers I picked up along the Dream Mile.

My litter pickup & fish releases must have impressed the old dude - cause he told me to Get the F out of there and don't come back -or he will fine me next time.

I never got to see that old dude again - even though I revisited the Dream Mile several more times. As years passed, I decided to stop -since I could not run as fast as I could at age 15 -and the creek patrol was still on.

So I would setup on the public portion of Tobyhanna Creek - immediately upstream of the Dream Mile boundary, and slam Tanker Rainbow Trout in the spring - as they headed upstream to spawn.
Then in the fall, I would do the same - and slam Tanker Brown Trout - a fall spawner headed upstream to do their deed.

YOU - had the wind to worry about.

ME - had the old dude full of Hot Air & Ticket Book to worry about.

WE - FISH HEADS 4 SURE
Tight Lines to Ya

Good Morning ya bunch of old Gas-Passin Bag-o-Bones!!!!

It's Friday!!!!!
Wake & Bake in Process!!! YYYEEEHHHAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colder than a Witch's Tit here in NE PA.
Warm & toasty (gettin toastier by da minute) inside mi casa.
CORONA.jpg

SHOWER BAR.jpg

Good morning OFC members in good standing (vertical=good, horizontal=not good). Ya never know about us old farts, one day here and the next day not here. Being wise old farts, we need to live each day to its fullest and smoke pot, smoke pot. Hash too. So it be "wake 'n bake" time. Puffin' 'n Passin'.

As has been spoken, so shall it be! Puff, puff, pass.............

Damn, them young females are makin' me drool. Can't help if'n I be a dirty ole man. Proud of it too.

Good lawrd whar do they find the pictures of all those purdy yung thangs!

Soooooo old farts! You are buzzing down the highway and encounter the attached purdy lady. Would you pick her up?
Life is a ***** (2).jpg

Morning you horney O'l Farts. Those girls would kill you. But, fun to dream.

Warm but windy day in these parts. Will try and get a walk in. Supposed to be doing 10,000 steps a day and haven't walked all week. I have some catching up to do.

First though, grow needs some maintenance. My North Cindy plants are starting to show their sex. Looks like one female and two males. That one female will do the trick.....will take cuts and before long this new strain will be rocking.

Right now tho.....more java

Me thinks we may be living in parallel universes.

There is a 1 mile "private" stretch of Tobyhanna Creek that I fish a couple times each year.
The creek runs along the boundary of Camp Achahela (a Boy Scout camp where I spent many nights as a youngster and learned outdoor skills (e.g. sitting atop the cabin roof, with a few of your buds, smoking buds at the sweet age of 15.. My developing brain cells soaked it right up.

That 1 mile "private" stretch was purchased by a group of rich Philadelphia lawyers -who built a getaway camp and dubbed their private stretch of creek "The Dream Mile". In that DreamMile they would stock Tanker Trout -5lbers and up- Rainbow & Brown Trout.

I feel attachment to Camp Achahela, great childhood memories, pristine environment. Since I could not buy/afford a membership into the Rich Boy's club - I did the next best thing,

Go Fishing "Behind Enemy Lines"... Guerilla Style.

Like you - I use fly-flickin equipment 4wt rod - and those Tanker Trout would try their best to snap my rod... The DreamMile was patrolled with a $300 trespass fine awaiting anyone caught there.

One day, I was hiking out and I was approached by an old dude who started berating me and asking me for my ID so he can write me up.

I told him I was sorry, explained the history I had with Camp Achahela, my attachment to Toby Creek, and then I showed him my backpack, with no Fish - they were all released - and 3 beer cans and candy wrappers I picked up along the Dream Mile.

My litter pickup & fish releases must have impressed the old dude - cause he told me to Get the F out of there and don't come back -or he will fine me next time.

I never got to see that old dude again - even though I revisited the Dream Mile several more times. As years passed, I decided to stop -since I could not run as fast as I could at age 15 -and the creek patrol was still on.

So I would setup on the public portion of Tobyhanna Creek - immediately upstream of the Dream Mile boundary, and slam Tanker Rainbow Trout in the spring - as they headed upstream to spawn.
Then in the fall, I would do the same - and slam Tanker Brown Trout - a fall spawner headed upstream to do their deed.

YOU - had the wind to worry about.

ME - had the old dude full of Hot Air & Ticket Book to worry about.

WE - FISH HEADS 4 SURE
Tight Lines to Ya

Ah..a fellow fly fisherman. I have been run off of private property many times so I know the feeling MG. I have been hooked on fly fishing most of my life. Lots of stories to share over the years. Slowed down a bit lately but still haunted by water. Don't forget to always
PUT EM BK!!!!

Latest posts

Back