The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want no stinkin cell phone

I don't want no stinkin sell phone

I don't want no stinkin sale phone

I want a Telephone ..

no pictures, no videos, no whizz bang mind fu.ck anomalies, ..

no tracking, .. per se

elon musk made it possible .. that I can user a rotary dial hardline phone, without miles of hardline .... post party line chiit

First cellphone that was in the house I'd bought for the Old Hen. She was working second shift at Buick in a not so nice neighborhood, and she refused to carry a gun with her. I told her that I didn't want her out there with no way to call for help, just in case.
Fast forward a year, and I'm making a solo run on the scooter to New Mexico. Just before I walk out the door, she hands me a phone and gives me the same reasons I got one for her.
Joke was on the both of us. There were places on the way that I couldn't even get an FM signal for my radio, much less a cell phone tower. I've had a cell ever since. I'd be kinda lost without it now.
The Pullet got one when she was in Jr. High, just in case.... :)

Wishing a joyous Thanksgiving to all!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
tacoturkey.gif
clap.gif

my wife, kids, and brother made me get one a couple of years back .. yeah .. they were worried they couldn't get ahold of me if they needed to ..

I guess they're right .. ... I still don't carry it 90% of the time
I know ,I call every third thursday for bingo !
I think you're avoiding me :rolleyes: 🙂

Same to you, Graywolf! I'm gonna smoke a small ham for me and Bossie, then glaze it Honeybaked style - but I'm adding grilled pineapple slices and Maraschino cherries to the top before it goes to the table.
Roasted red 'taters
Back in my wild river running days of yore, for my assigned night as dinner cook, I often fixed a ham for dinner in a firepit, where I cross hatched the top and sides of the ham and inserted cloves in each of the intersections, and then lay pineapple slices on top. I mixed the pineapple juice with Grand Mariner and poured it over the ham before sealing the pot with a lid to baste the ham in it's vapors.

I cooked it buried in coals and out in the wilds of nowhere, it was always well received and appreciated after a day on the wild river.

JD and Laury at Boxcar 2.jpg

Back in my wild river running days of yore, for my assigned night as dinner cook, I often fixed a ham for dinner in a firepit, where I cross hatched the top and sides of the ham and inserted cloves in each of the intersections, and then lay pineapple slices on top. I mixed the pineapple juice with Grand Mariner and poured it over the ham before sealing the pot with a lid to baste the ham in it's vapors.

I cooked it buried in coals and out in the wilds of nowhere, it was always well received and appreciated after a day on the wild river.

View attachment 347414
Love it ,though kinda looks a little like a deliverence scene :rolleyes: :angiesfavorite:

View attachment 347414
I've had some seriously good meals out of a buried dutch oven. Sadly, I seem unable to replicate the process for myself.
My ex's mom could make crispy baked chicken in the same pot and at the same time with crispy baked potatoes, for example. When I try it, everything turns to mush. lol (and I'm a pretty decent cook!)

Latest posts

Back