The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon. Been chasing parts for the floor guy. Plumbing parts no less. In the bathroom the shut off valve wouldn't shut completely off and the same thing in the mud room on the washer hot water hose. I hate pluming parts, especially it you are replacing and old part. Nothing is the same and you have to get creative. And of course I had to go back and return things and go about it another way. Hopefully that is now behind me.

Quick trip to the grow store I needed a bale of Sunshine #4 and Pearlite #3. They were out of both. I had to settle for Pro Mix and Perlite #1..... I don't like working with the small perlite and the Pro Mix is pretty much the same as the Sunshine only $15 more.

So, not it is mid afternoon and i ain't got a damn thing done except chase parts. I think I will have a drink.

@ Yooper, I was wondering the same thing......Grinder?

I rescued baby turtles on Masirah Island from going the wrong way, inland. But when I released them into the ocean, hundreds of gulls came and ate them all. This happened three nights in a row. The fourth night, I had had more than enough, so I took the side of the turtles and armed them with a double 12, loaded with SG. And a belt with 25 more shells. The night after, I took a stick with me and the gulls fled at sight of it.

What is Grinder ?
Get ready for dessert next...............
fguy.jpg

I rescued baby turtles on Masirah Island from going the wrong way, inland. But when I released them into the ocean, hundreds of gulls came and ate them all. This happened three nights in a row. The fourth night, I had had more than enough, so I took the side of the turtles and armed them with a double 12, loaded with SG. And a belt with 25 more shells. The night after, I took a stick with me and the gulls fled at sight of it.
I worked as a toll taker on New Smyrna Beach for 3 years. We could not let people drive on the beach until the "turtle people" called Beach Patrol and said the beach was clear. New Smyrna Beach is south of Ponce Inlet, with Daytona Beach being north of the Inlet.

Well... the THIRD (and 3rd tier) ATT guy just left. And I noticed the really funny difference between the levels of resposibobblty regarding road safety and Yuck Flu stuff.

The first one fixed my phone. Did not fix the Internet link. BUT! He parked his ATT truck on my deserted dirt road, with three traffic cones around it. Wore a mask at all times.

The second one fixed the Internet link... which took a dump two hours after he left. BUT! He parked his ATT truck in my driveway and put cones in front and back, but not on the side. (Heavy traffic now safe.) Did not leave his mask on when I told him to remove it if he wanted.

Third-tier-in-the-field-hierarchy guy pulls up, gets outa his ATT truck (no mask anywhere) and walks up to me and shakes hands. Tells me, "I will see that you are totally OK before I let anybody leave."

Sure 'nuff, three fargin hours later, he comes in and sez: Your first line was OK, but the second failed the copper test." He looked expectantly at me, clearly waiting for me to ask what the heck a "copper test" was.

So I answered, "The second line was a deader, then? Did you find it was a NEXT?"

The guy's demeanor changed vastly. "NEXT" is twin-line Near-End Cross (X) Talk.

He sez, "Yeah. How do you know that? My guys didn't. So I found the only solution was to replace the whole damned second line. That's what they did. You won't have any more problems."

That's 3,620' of cabling. Din' cost me a dime.

That's what I'm worried about. Got a lot of coons around here. I'd like to give the turtles a fair chance at life if'n I can.
Put a plastic lattice-box over it... and strap it down like an airplane would be parked in a field with tie-downs. Wish I had done that. :(

Rackeycoons are strong little bastages. Straps.

Damned if that turtle wasn't out there again this morning, and had kicked up another spot. Wanted to roll her over and get a look at her belly markings, but she didn't care for the idea. Grabbed her at the very back of her shell and she showed me she could still reach me. I'm pretty quick for an old fart when it comes to getting a finger bitten off by a snapping turtle.

I marked the new spot and left her to her own affairs.

Two does in last night. Three nights before, it was three bucks and two does. The bucks weren't all that big, but they had a really large, thick stalk for horns so far. Gonna be pretty come fall.

Latest posts

Back