The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a trick question? 😁
The difference is your posting as an old forgetful fart here and as a Misfit a.sshole on the other thread. Not everybody is an old fart and an A.sshole. Glad you fit both description's like I do and most the old mean bastards on here.😁

BigSur aint mean
But sure is Nasty
1625575062404.png

But never as nasty as Hippie
1625575117924.png

What is the difference between old farts thread and island of misfits thread? Coffee and English muffins.
C99 for wake and bake.

That one takes less years of experience could be one difference, but as you may note rasty old misfit curmudgeon's can fall in both categories and delight in further corrupting our more youthful and impressionable members.

Probably more postings about failing body parts amongst our hoary days of yore membership, as well as astute observations and sage advice.

Morning OFC. Nice cool morning round these parts.

Sorry about your dental problems Roster. Seems like I am fighting some kind of health ptomem all the time. Something is acting up in my right eye....feels like there is a huge rock in it. Calling the dye doc today to have it looked at.

Taking Mrs Pute to the dermatologist today....geez!

Nice Goat Hippie. 66 of 67? I had a 69. When you have a fast car as a kid you think you have everything....wrong!!

@Big....the difference between The OFC and Misfits.....hmmm....we should petition the gov't to do a study on this subject. Give them a few years and ten million and we might get an answer to your question.

Critters out back are screaming for breakfast....

Is that a trick question? 😁
The difference is your posting as an old forgetful fart here and as a Misfit a.sshole on the other thread. Not everybody is an old fart and an A.sshole. Glad you fit both description's like I do and most the old mean bastards on here.😁

i get confused every once in awhile and need some refresher courses on thread protocols

or some really good coffee

0B428645-DAE2-4F59-BEBA-6A5B873C58C2.jpeg
C7A67A32-2E54-4F57-9E4E-A838CD9E29D1.jpeg

It's a '65. The one he had as a kid was the same year, gunmetal gray, 389 tri-power, 4 speed. This one's a rag top, 421, 4 barrel, and an auto. I ragged him about the auto part, but he said that after his knee replacement, it was nice not to be pushing a clutch in.
He kinda stole it. Found it up north. A gal's husband had restored it years ago and then died. She kept it for at least 10 more years until she had the feeling he'd want it going to someone who'd appreciate it like he did.
His son drove him up there. BB was paying attention to getting it out of the garage she'd had it in, but my nephew told him he was watching the gal. Said she kept it together until he cleared the driveway and then started bawling like a baby. Sad. Happy for BB, though. 30K is cheap for a drop top '65k in that shape.

Pontiac came out with tripower in 1957 and produced them until 1966. In 1957 and 1958, the 3 Rochester carbs were all the small based version. Starting in 1959, the end carbs used were the larger based units, while the center carb remained small. The final year, 1966, Pontiac used 3 large units.

The intakes from '57 and '58 do not have casting numbers. The only real difference is the size of the heater hose outlet. There's not much demand for these intakes. Many people refer to the tripower intakes from 57-63 as "boat anchors". Pictured below is a 1958 tripower. Jon Havens contributed this picture.

1625657350893.png

https://pontiactripower.com/pages/id-your-tripower
OK @Hippie420 Looked again
Does have a squarer rear so I again now 1965 . They look very similar in the way the pic was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back