The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor across the street has had his BMW in the shop for over a month waiting on parts. Another covid casualty. Food shortages, gas shortages on and on ......Thanks Joe. I just put gas in my truck....put $30 in and didn't get half a tank. $3.49.9.......Lets shut down another pipeline.

on Unca......the half has not yet been told

some random pics from the all volunteer army of plants

this is a nice male ecsd x Ogers but I don’t need seeds this year so it will get the whack

4F9345C5-052E-4FFA-BC3E-290AD15F26C6.jpeg

there are some immature pollen sacs there

E2FDAF6F-0BB0-493E-8791-7EF50BA60986.jpeg

this is what it will look like by tomorrow

D67691E3-8E90-4A80-8C4E-31A3577590B8.jpeg

a nice female specimen of ecsd x Ogers

DD7BA01E-F736-41CC-9760-8644DFC36D5F.jpeg

and another

5E910967-1200-49D6-A146-BD6B66CE93D5.jpeg

some,pepper plants in there too

77584820-AE9B-4AF7-8D18-399CE25CA64D.jpeg

a c99

5D839382-949F-4ACC-8E88-B302D380E937.jpeg

moar later

this is a nice male ecsd x Ogers but I don’t need seeds this year so it will get the whack

View attachment 275432

View attachment 275433

View attachment 275437

View attachment 275434

and another

View attachment 275435

View attachment 275436

a c99

View attachment 275438

moar later
Is that the ever lovely Swseedes foot I see
To pretty to be yours LOL

View attachment 275432

View attachment 275433

View attachment 275437

View attachment 275434

and another

View attachment 275435

View attachment 275436

a c99

View attachment 275438

moar later
(snif)

I know,, I use to be one. 😁
Yeah my fking coolant had a bunch of trany fluid in it.
Interesting subject. I was a minority owner/GM of a Dealership for well longer that I care to admit. So, from a management standpoint ask me a question.....Hrs/Ro, Parts to labor ratio, CSI, gross retention.....expenses.....exc. Ask and I may not change your mind but I can give you a different perspective than most see it.

Boy, did I just write a check my ass can't cash.

I was blessed with acute mechanical aptitude, I can fix most anything vehicle related.
I have never taken a car back to a dealership, even for a recall (yep fix that myself )
Its a pain to have to deal with all the knuckle heads standing in line for oil changes tune ups etc.........
I have owned quite a few brand new vehicles too, just like to do my own repairs, and if I was not sure on how to do something I researched the heck out of it ask questions to friends who have done the job before and fix it myself.
I did have a friend help change a fuel pump on a pick up because I needed his lift and was not about to remove a truck bed by myself.

Good morning my old fart brethren. Had to go north for a few days, back now to join in the fray. I used to fix my own vehicles but now they have too many computers and such. If needed I can ask my nephew. He is a master mechanic who teaches the engineers the new electronics on the new vehicles for GM. He works for Ratheon (sp)

Good morning my old fart brethren. Had to go north for a few days, back now to join in the fray. I used to fix my own vehicles but now they have too many computers and such. If needed I can ask my nephew. He is a master mechanic who teaches the engineers the new electronics on the new vehicles for GM. He works for Ratheon (sp)
WELCOME BACK BRO
You won't be able to fix these new cars unless you have a few thousand dollar scan tool or tools , there are a few good home mechanic version not so expensive out there , one needs to shop around for best price.

morning everybody, rain off and on all weekend.
big i see we have the same type of dress shoes. good looking army.

View attachment 275432

View attachment 275433

View attachment 275437

View attachment 275434

and another

View attachment 275435

View attachment 275436

a c99

View attachment 275438

moar later

Ok tell the truth. About half of you all tried to remove that sticky, right-right? Bubba

I was actually thinking that that sticker was all that was between me and the need for eye bleach.

I used to fix my own vehicles but now they have too many computers and such. If needed I can ask my nephew. He is a master mechanic who teaches the engineers the new electronics on the new vehicles for GM. He works for Ratheon (sp)

I used to fix, as well as restore my own bikes, autos, planes and boats, but in my dotage lost my enthusiasm to lay on cold concrete and suffer continually cracked hands from harsh scrubbing, while my hands become more arthritic and fumble fingered.

As Yooper notes, the newer ones are run by computers, which adds another serious obstacle to overcome, so I normally currently use a retired mechanic who is more enthusiastic about extra income, than I am about painful arthritic experiences in cramped positions. Not sure what we will do if we outlive him or his enthusiasm.

The last time I had work done at a dealership was the 30000 mile service on the all electric Focus and they tried to add an oil change to my bill. They took it off when I complained, but I've never been back.

I was actually thinking that that sticker was all that was between me and the need for eye bleach.

I used to fix, as well as restore my own bikes, autos, planes and boats, but in my dotage lost my enthusiasm to lay on cold concrete and suffer continually cracked hands from harsh scrubbing, while my hands become more arthritic and fumble fingered.

As Yooper notes, the newer ones are run by computers, which adds another serious obstacle to overcome, so I normally currently use a retired mechanic who is more enthusiastic about extra income, than I am about painful arthritic experiences in cramped positions. Not sure what we will do if we outlive him or his enthusiasm.

The last time I had work done at a dealership was the 30000 mile service on the all electric Focus and they tried to add an oil change to my bill. They took it off when I complained, but I've never been back.
As long as they replaced the muffler bearings, you should be OK.

Bubba

I quit for around 18 years. Talk about a reset? I'm forever a lightweight. Don't mind a bit. I get as goofy on a couple of tokes as most heavy hitters do with a couple of joints.
Exactly. Odd thing, in the old days you would hear: "You can't smoke a joint of this, only a couple hits." Never found that weed! Plenty you really didnt NEED any more, but that never stopped me as a young man.

Now, have plenty but no longer the tolerance of days of yore. Most cones get put out at least 2-3 times. I don't need concentrates, but bubble/hash ok here and there. 3-5 hits of OG will do me for a spell.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back