The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK OK I has a Nute question
Im doing soil this run , I have mostly used coco/perlite on my grows, so I wanted to ask
How Much Cal/Mag should I be using per Gallon
and how often shoud it be fed, Coco I used 2ml per gallon added to nutes at the end of mixing

So in soil how much Cal/mag and how often is everyone doing? 1ml?per gallon ?
Thank You.

Are you using tap water Rocky? I have to use extra because of the R/O filter.
I do use tap water now. When I ran the hempy buckets years ago I used RO and it did require more. I kind of miss the simplicity of that bucket system. The problem was that once retailers realized growers we’re using Perlite as a medium the price skyrocketed. Ten years ago I could get those huge bags for $12 each.

I do use tap water now. When I ran the hempy buckets years ago I used RO and it did require more. I kind of miss the simplicity of that bucket system. The problem was that once retailers realized growers we’re using Perlite as a medium the price skyrocketed. Ten years ago I could get those huge bags for $12 each.
Home depot for like 16 dollars a big bag 2 cu ft free delivery
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-2-cu-ft-Organic-Perlite-Soil-Amendment-100521091/205655210

Perlite is ridiculous! I use sunshine #4 with 25% perlite plus 1" in the top and bottom. Costs more than the sunshine. I use cal mag every time I water and feed. I cut out most supplements and the Cal/mag 30 days from harvest. Cal/mag make the smoke harsh. IMO

Last edited:
I’m old fashioned. Whether indoors or out soil is my preference. I started growing outdoors in 1974 and never had an indoor grow until ‘85. Almost didn’t have a second grow inside because I had so many problems.
indoor can be hard to learn. i did an outdoor once, prefer indoor myself. much safer than outdoor in my neck of the woods. i did ok in dirt, but being able to reuse the coco, and then having the watering set up on a timer means i can leave home for a week at a time without issues. as long as you get to the end result, the way their really doesn't matter.

Yarddog What is chunked Coco I use to run coco/lite and had some nice plants
coco but not finely ground. this stuff right here.
plantit-plantt-organic-coco-planting-chips.jpg

rinse it 3-4 times when new to get the salts out first. works good

indoor can be hard to learn. i did an outdoor once, prefer indoor myself. much safer than outdoor in my neck of the woods. i did ok in dirt, but being able to reuse the coco, and then having the watering set up on a timer means i can leave home for a week at a time without issues. as long as you get to the end result, the way their really doesn't matter.
The green leash has almost strangled me this last 20 years. Getting away for more than a night or two is a challenge. Especially when it gets close to harvest. I used to be able to get my daughter to keep an eye on things, she’s an accomplished grower, but she’s moved an hour away. Escaping for a week would be a dream 😂

Latest posts

Back