The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a Super market card with 50 cents built up too.
But the tank is filled so maybe I will fill some cans, Yep up to 20gallons too.
I wonder if our glorious puppets' release will drop prices this week
I sure it's a waste ...Oh well no use crying over spilled oil.
$53 and change for 20 gallons. There was a time in my life that that wouldn't been anything to brag about.
First gallon of gas I bought was 19 cents a gallon. Top Value stamps on top, too.

I remember when a guy came out, put in the gas, checked the oil and tire air. Service Stations they called them. They usually had a lift bay and did minor service, tires, etc. Once in a while the actually had "gas wars" over who would go the lowest in price of a gallon.
Nowadays they don't give service like that, it's combined with a mini Mart. Nobody makes money on gas, retail anyway.

How times have changed.

Bubba

I remember when a guy came out, put in the gas, checked the oil and tire air. Service Stations they called them. They usually had a lift bay and did minor service, tires, etc. Once in a while the actually had "gas wars" over who would go the lowest in price of a gallon.
Nowadays they don't give service like that, it's combined with a mini Mart. Nobody makes money on gas, retail anyway. How times have changed. Bubba

I worked at a couple of those stations as a kid and we even vacuumed out the front floorboard. Prices were low and usually uniform, so we were selling service.

I also remember gas wars in the low teens per gallon, usually when one of the refineries had a surplus and decided to push the competition.

Nowadays they don't give service like that, it's combined with a mini Mart. Nobody makes money on gas, retail anyway.

How times have changed.

Bubba
We have what we call "petrol attendants" here. Fill up your car, check oil and water, put air in the tyres if required and wash your windscreen. They are full time employees but also get a tip for good service

1638020283830.png

My Wife called the Ambulance on me last night. Had one of my bad Afib attacks and she got scared . Lasted longer then it ever had. Last one was about 8 months ago. About the time they got there it was almost over and had started settling down. Told them I would be fine. They are real close to my house and so is the hospital. When I had my heart attack in 2013 they were there and had me at the Hospital within 10mins.
I fked up and took to much RSO oil that a friend had just brought me. Must have been made from a Sativa and it fked my shit up. I didn't tell them that of course. Damn near passed out because my heart was beating so fast and so fked up. It's really dangerous. Can cause heart damage and blot clots. Finally got my heart rate back down and I'm good.
No more RSO for me. Can't take that chance

My Wife called the Ambulance on me last night. Had one of my bad Afib attacks and she got scared . Lasted longer then it ever had. Last one was about 8 months ago. About the time they got there it was almost over and had started settling down. Told them I would be fine. They are real close to my house and so is the hospital. When I had my heart attack in 2013 they were there and had me at the Hospital within 10mins.
I fked up and took to much RSO oil that a friend had just brought me. Must have been made from a Sativa and it fked my shit up. I didn't tell them that of course. Damn near passed out because my heart was beating so fast and so fked up. It's really dangerous. Can cause heart damage and blot clots. Finally got my heart rate back down and I'm good.
No more RSO for me. Can't take that chance

Glad you're OK!

Latest posts

Back