The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Walt, glad you are ok. Damn, makes me remember that every day above ground is a good one.

Had a friend over while I was working in the garden.....guy is a yapper. Love him but he has a story for everything and they are the short version. Finally just left and I gotta get to trimming. This should be almost done by not and I haven't started.

Time is wasting.......later.

chiips.jpg

All i can say is Afib sucks. Glad my buddy Walt is okay. Just remember when it hits to try the things i showed you to get it under control as quick as possible.
Awshit. The Red Witch called Scooter... Scooter used his pull to get me to the cardiologist right away since the last post. The guy was jammed, but Professional Courtesy has its good points for Doctor Daddies.

Seems when I do sumpin' I do it right. Those drinkies, and the broiled lamb triggered what Scotty sez is "Holiday Heart".

I am still neck-deep in AFib as I type this. Shaky as Barney Fife's gun hand.

The doc said the thing that makes it an order of magnitude more important is the combination of my age and the fact that this is the second attack in a month. Jeez.

So I am in the Gold Medal area for winning the Purple Shaft With Barbed Wire Cluster.

The doc went through about four different possible paths -- seems that AFib when you have 81 years on the planet is ten times seriouser than if I wuz ten years younger. He gave me ten tablets of sumpin' called "Flecainide". It is susposed to act like a pile-driver on the naughty signaler in my right ventricle, turning it way down.

Just took tab #1 as Herself handed it to me while I typed this. He gave me ten to stash some in case some time in the future I get AFib again.

But I haveta go back Monday... Get ready, Pilgrims -- He be gone run a coupla tests... and the next thing is straight out of a movie:

If the Flecainide (that is correct spelling) doan do it... they are gonna put me down out and while I am out, they are gonna get them paddles out to jump start me. Sorta like rebooting your cranky computer. He says I won't feel anything becuz I'll be out.

*IF* that don't work, then they are gonna go nuclear: Gonna punch yet another hole in my arm and work a fargin electric blowtorch up into my upper right heart chamber, and BURN the goddamn communist nerve into oblivion.

Hey! Like I mentioned, I have been shot, stabbed, blown up, run over, poisoned, and insulted. Now I will be able to add: "Electrocuted by Paddles"

They can kill me, but they can't eat me -- thass agin the law.

Walt what they are talking about is they might have to do an Ablation. Basically, it scars a place in the heart to stop the bad signals from getting across that area and causing trouble. Most of the time it's my dumbass that does something i shouldn't have that causes me to go into Afib. But if it starts happening all on its own i will have to get an ablation. What sucks is a lot of the time it takes more than one Ablation.

Walt what they are talking about is they might have to do an Ablation. Basically, it scars a place in the heart to stop the bad signals from getting across that area and causing trouble. Most of the time it's my dumbass that does something i shouldn't have that causes me to go into Afib. But if it starts happening all on its own i will have to get an ablation. What sucks is a lot of the time it takes more than one Ablation.
Yeah. I know about that one. It is the last resort. I may well fargin be there.

Up at 4AM. Still in hot dog AFib. Took the second of my 10 allotted bombers. Hour and a half later, no effect.

I don't dare touch any weed. (Heck, it may help... but if it works the other way...)

A new promise... I am gonna stop whining to you guys. Besides, I am too fargin shaky to type. See y'all later.

Yeah Walt weed can definitely contribute to AFib especially if it has any Sativa in it. I can't smoke Sativa's or Hybrids leaning towards Sativa.
I left you a message in the other pm thread. Your AFib is different then mine. Mine would have already killed you by now.
Stay safe bro and get your butt back to the hospital where they can try shocking it back into rhythm.

Up at 4AM. Still in hot dog AFib. Took the second of my 10 allotted bombers. Hour and a half later, no effect.

I don't dare touch any weed. (Heck, it may help... but if it works the other way...)

A new promise... I am gonna stop whining to you guys. Besides, I am too fargin shaky to type. See y'all later.
Take care my friend, you are needed here!

Bubba

take it easy Unca , sit under a coconut tree or dip your toes in some ocean water….we love ya Bud

Up at 4AM. Still in hot dog AFib. Took the second of my 10 allotted bombers. Hour and a half later, no effect. I don't dare touch any weed. (Heck, it may help... but if it works the other way...) A new promise... I am gonna stop whining to you guys. Besides, I am too fargin shaky to type. See y'all later.

Sending healing thoughts brother! Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Latest posts

Back