The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blink twice and you'll be up to your ass in snow. Summer just ain't that long.
Its coming
1658239248516.png

Hey look at the brightside
No more lawn to cut
Nope, just snow to plow. Lots 'o snow. Kind of fun, really. Only took out one pole light last year and no mailboxes. Did carve a few divots in peoples lawns while doing their driveways, but no one complained. :)

Good morning old farts. Just doing my post in order to bring up the numbers on this thread. It’s still hot and humid in my world. Have to get out there and sweat today tho. Have to stay ahead of those dang Japanese beetles that are horning in on my eggplants and blackberries. i saw a threesome piled up on my eggplant leaf yesterday. Don’t know what to with them when I grab them off with my hand. They buzz around in my palm until they fly away. I can never kill them like squash them. Maybe I need to collect them in a jar with Spinasod in it….
hope everyone has a swell day 😊

Good morning old farts. Just doing my post in order to bring up the numbers on this thread. It’s still hot and humid in my world. Have to get out there and sweat today tho. Have to stay ahead of those dang Japanese beetles that are horning in on my eggplants and blackberries. i saw a threesome piled up on my eggplant leaf yesterday. Don’t know what to with them when I grab them off with my hand. They buzz around in my palm until they fly away. I can never kill them like squash them. Maybe I need to collect them in a jar with Spinasod in it….
hope everyone has a swell day 😊
Get beetle traps

Big being a teen in the 70's I dig the Hippie chick's, but I liked the red neck chick's as well. I grew up in the country. The ones that always got me in trouble were the native American and Mexican chick's, and man I stayed in trouble. Good looking woman there.
They all got me in trouble............

I see these hanging in peoples front yards in my hood. How far away from the plants do you put them?

Where should the traps be placed?

There are a few guidelines to be followed when choosing to use a Japanese beetle trap. First, you need to place them as far away as possible from the plant or group of plants you are trying to protect from them. Make sure you install the traps downwind from your garden, in such way that the beetles following the trap’s scent do not fly directly over your garden.

It’s never a good idea to be tempting beetles to stop for a snack in the garden you are trying to protect. Since beetles can travel across many miles, getting the community involved is a very smart thing to do. Strategically placing traps across the entire area will definitely work better and be much more efficient than a few isolated traps in a couple of yards.

Where should the traps be placed?

There are a few guidelines to be followed when choosing to use a Japanese beetle trap. First, you need to place them as far away as possible from the plant or group of plants you are trying to protect from them. Make sure you install the traps downwind from your garden, in such way that the beetles following the trap’s scent do not fly directly over your garden.

It’s never a good idea to be tempting beetles to stop for a snack in the garden you are trying to protect. Since beetles can travel across many miles, getting the community involved is a very smart thing to do. Strategically placing traps across the entire area will definitely work better and be much more efficient than a few isolated traps in a couple of yards.
I don’t really like the front yard look but that’s where I’ve been seeing them in other yards right in the middle of their front yards….

Latest posts

Back