The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Equal pay for equal abilities is fair and how it should be. What talents are you selling and what image are you presenting to prospective employers?

My "white" ancestors arrived in America as indentured servants to pay for their passage and as poor white trash they interbred with a Nigerian slave, an East Asian, and a Native American along the way. My father was the generation that elevated us from poor white trash to middle class and my generation that put us in the top 10% of the nation with regard to income.

I got my start shoveling shit, hoeing vegetable crops, picking cotton, mowing lawns, hauling hay, and tending livestock for neighbors.

I left home at age 18 with the clothes on my back to fulfil my military service requirement and have supported myself every since, including obtaining and paying for my schooling while working full time at menial jobs. Even after I became an engineer, the cold hard winds blew several times during economic downturns over my career and I had to take lesser jobs to support myself and my family. I never missed a payment, or declared bankruptcy, but I have drawn unemployment twice while searching.

I got everything I needed to be successful by simply doing my part here in the US of A, as hard as it was at times. I have no prejudice against blacks and in my life I have worked with blacks, for blacks, employed blacks, and have rented to blacks, as well as dated a black woman. I've also participated in multiple Affirmative Action programs by which we bent over backwards to bring minorities into the workforce. We gave the job to a black person without the training, credentials, or experience, instead of qualified non minority applicants, and did everything we could to insure their success.

We were more successful with some than others, because like any race we have our intellectual and moral giants as well as the morally deficit and mentally challenged, but from my perspective one of the key factors determining how people are treated is their actions and their attitude. It is easy to blame others and the system for our own failures and conveniently avoids confronting our own short comings and the part we need to do to succeed. Without fail, those who failed in the Affirmative Action program blamed racism and others, even in the face of overwhelming records of their shortfalls and egregious conduct to the contrary.

I've observed light years of progress from the early 60's when there were still three toilets and two water fountains some places in the south, but continue to be dismayed by the FBI violent crime statistics. They show that blacks are about 13% of the US population, and despite there also being more that 13% poor white trash, black brothers perpetrate more than 50% of the violent crime, with a disproportionate amount against blacks. The statistics also show that the number of black fathers in residence supporting their families continues to plummet.

How do we change those actions? Are they a response to systemic racial prejudice or to the lack of a father at home with a positive attitude, demonstrating what it takes to succeed.

I could do a laundry list. If anyone knows of Camden, NJ… that’s where I’m from. I’m Blessed. If you were to take a tour… you could come up with probably the same list. But I’ll say this. My HS was just recently demolished. Before, I attended a mtg, as a community stake holder. The school library looked the exact same way it did 35 years ago, as if a book had not been moved. When I attended I had to use the Law Library at Rutgers to do any decent research for my “Academically Talented” study schedule… I wanted to go to college until I realized I was so ill prepared education wise… And I was taking classes that said I’m “one of the brightest”. If anyone here had a similar experience I’ll yield to “all things being fair”. Society touts education but they really need the poor to maintain so many jobs that require poor people,… or there would just be MORE poor people. I say discrimination create poverty by design. Just think if the size of the court system, jails… social services.. welfare… where would all oof them be working otherwise?
Black ppl are strategically where they are.

I could do a laundry list. If anyone knows of Camden, NJ… that’s where I’m from. I’m Blessed. If you were to take a tour… you could come up with probably the same list. But I’ll say this. My HS was just recently demolished. Before, I attended a mtg, as a community stake holder. The school library looked the exact same way it did 35 years ago, as if a book had not been moved. When I attended I had to use the Law Library at Rutgers to do any decent research for my “Academically Talented” study schedule… I wanted to go to college until I realized I was so ill prepared education wise… And I was taking classes that said I’m “one of the brightest”. If anyone here had a similar experience I’ll yield to “all things being fair”. Society touts education but they really need the poor to maintain so many jobs that require poor people,… or there would just be MORE poor people. I say discrimination create poverty by design. Just think if the size of the court system, jails… social services.. welfare… where would all oof them be working otherwise?
Black ppl are strategically where they are.

As a mixed-race mongrel, it’s hard to say which race I’m speaking for/from, but I believe that believing is seeing and if you think you can, or think you can’t, you are most probably right.

My town had 2500 population (now 1979). We had no school library, but had one small poorly furnished one for the town. I graduated among the top of my class, which wasn’t all that hard with a class of about a hundred.

We were integrated, so blacks, whites, reds and yellows were provided the same education and the cream rose to the top. They demolished and replaced that high school as well, within the last 20 years or so.

I’m a retired engineer, but took remedial math my freshman year of college to catch up. As I’ve mentioned, I worked full time at one or two menial jobs a time and went to school nights, until I could work at better jobs while going to school nights with my tuition paid for. I promise you my achieving a middle management position that included a decent wage, profit sharing and stock options, with a Fortune 500 company, was not because of any privileges my white genes provided, or my other genes hindered.

I can tell you that if my attitude had been that I was somehow being unfairly treated by those I worked for and with, they would have been negatively impressed and I would not have readily integrated and risen among the ranks based on my skills.

I don’t agree there is poverty by design and instead perceive that there is poverty by circumstance, but mostly a function of intellect, attitude, and effort.

Studies of the US population clearly show that those born into poverty have a tougher life with fewer opportunities, so rates of drug use, crime, and unwed mothers is higher regardless of race.

Consider that from a statistical standpoint, there are fewer black Americans born into poverty than other races, simply because we/they are only about 13.4% of the US population, begging the question of how we/they are special and why the same statistics applied to the other races don’t apply.

Let’s consider the disdain to which Japanese Americans were held during WW-II, when they were rounded up and locked away in camps, so that they started over at the end of the war. Look how they are doing today and ask ourselves what they did different that made them more successful on average than the black population.

Statistics show that Japanese on average are bright and as a race are industrious (work harder and smarter) and are family oriented, but I suggest it was their attitude that was most responsible.

Instead of using their pariah status to justify why they were losing, they focused on winning. They directed their efforts at being integrated into society, rather than setting themselves up with their own separate culture with unique dress and speech.

They also take care of their families, so that the next generation has a strong leg up. Their percentage of unwed mothers and single parent households are lower than the average of the rest of the population.

Take a look at what has happened to the percent of black unwed mothers since the inception of our Great Societies War on Poverty with Affirmative Action programs and consider how much less of a strong leg up that generation starts out with.

A generation that has been taught/indoctrinated/programmed to believe that they deserve extra consideration because of their race, as opposed to just because they are in poverty.

Now walk around the elephant and look at crime rates. While presenting about 13.4% of the US population, blacks are responsible for more than half the violent crime in the US, most of it against other blacks.

If you were looking at those statistics from a perspective other than black, what would be your impression?

That the statistics are wrong because blacks are treated unfairly by the legal system, or that the statistics are right and what we are doing to improve the status of racial minorities isn’t working for blacks as a whole?

I say as a whole, because not all blacks are in poverty and not all blacks believe they are being treated unfairly.

As a mixed breed mongrel, I’ve been treated unfairly and like shit any number of times, as well as cheated, swindled, screwed, blued, and tattooed, but it never occurred to me it was because of my race or mixture thereof.

It was a good thing that I didn’t, or I would have ceased believing that I had what it took to win and quit at the first convenient opportunity.

Last edited:
After I held a eggplant I will pass it your way bro

1624892648020.png

Still Passing That Joint around

As a mixed-race mongrel, it’s hard to say which race I’m speaking for/from, but I believe that believing is seeing and if you think you can, or think you can’t, you are most probably right.

My town had 2500 population (now 1979). We had no school library, but had one small poorly furnished one for the town. I graduated among the top of my class, which wasn’t all that hard with a class of about a hundred.

We were integrated, so blacks, whites, reds and yellows were provided the same education and the cream rose to the top. They demolished and replaced that high school as well, within the last 20 years or so.

I’m a retired engineer, but took remedial math my freshman year of college to catch up. As I’ve mentioned, I worked full time at one or two menial jobs a time and went to school nights, until I could work at better jobs while going to school nights with my tuition paid for. I promise you my achieving a middle management position that included a decent wage, profit sharing and stock options, with a Fortune 500 company, was not because of any privileges my white genes provided, or my other genes hindered.

I can tell you that if my attitude had been that I was somehow being unfairly treated by those I worked for and with, they would have been negatively impressed and I would not have readily integrated and risen among the ranks based on my skills.

I don’t agree there is poverty by design and instead perceive that there is poverty by circumstance, but mostly a function of intellect, attitude, and effort.

Studies of the US population clearly show that those born into poverty have a tougher life with fewer opportunities, so rates of drug use, crime, and unwed mothers is higher regardless of race.

Consider that from a statistical standpoint, there are fewer black Americans born into poverty than other races, simply because we/they are only about 13.4% of the US population, begging the question of how we/they are special and why the same statistics applied to the other races don’t apply.

Let’s consider the disdain to which Japanese Americans were held during WW-II, when they were rounded up and locked away in camps, so that they started over at the end of the war. Look how they are doing today and ask ourselves what they did different that made them more successful on average than the black population.

Statistics show that Japanese on average are bright and as a race are industrious (work harder and smarter) and are family oriented, but I suggest it was their attitude that was most responsible.

Instead of using their pariah status to justify why they were losing, they focused on winning. They directed their efforts at being integrated into society, rather than setting themselves up with their own separate culture with unique dress and speech.

They also take care of their families, so that the next generation has a strong leg up. Their percentage of unwed mothers and single parent households are lower than the average of the rest of the population.

Take a look at what has happened to the percent of black unwed mothers since the inception of our Great Societies War on Poverty with Affirmative Action programs and consider how much less of a strong leg up that generation starts out with.

A generation that has been taught/indoctrinated/programmed to believe that they deserve extra consideration because of their race, as opposed to just because they are in poverty.

Now walk around the elephant and look at crime rates. While presenting about 13.4% of the US population, blacks are responsible for more than half the violent crime in the US, most of it against other blacks.

If you were looking at those statistics from a perspective other than black, what would be your impression?

That the statistics are wrong because blacks are treated unfairly by the legal system, or that the statistics are right and what we are doing to improve the status of racial minorities isn’t working for blacks as a whole?

I say as a whole, because not all blacks are in poverty and not all blacks believe they are being treated unfairly.

As a mixed breed mongrel, I’ve been treated unfairly and like shit any number of times, as well as cheated, swindled, screwed, blued, and tattooed, but it never occurred to me it was because of my race or mixture thereof.

It was a good thing that I didn’t, or I would have ceased believing that I had what it took to win and quit at the first convenient opportunity.

If Blacks make up 13.4 % of the population what pct of the total 13.4 are born into poverty vs the 72.6 of non Blacks. Statistics are useless when they are improperly applied. When I was in HS I was told what I could NOT do when I went to my white guidance counselor, I wonder if a Black counselor would have told me the same thing. Our disagreement is really about perspective. It’s impossible to get you to understand if you can’t grasp this simple concept:
If I go to schools (example) and I am the only Black in class… Is my experience the same as your? If I go to shop and the storekeeper follows me, or holds my money up to the light to see if itms real, or asks me for ID when conducting banking transactions… and not asks mr Smith who was just in front of me, or I get questioned while working (like the UPS guy ) as if Imm supposed to be where I am. Unless you have these experiences at LEAST a few times a year… I understand why you don’t understand.
You can say it’s not that major… but it’s like a negative spouse that always tells you your not good enough. Eventually you leave or want to shut them up.

If Blacks make up 13.4 % of the population what pct of the total 13.4 are born into poverty vs the 72.6 of non Blacks. Statistics are useless when they are improperly applied. When I was in HS I was told what I could NOT do when I went to my white guidance counselor, I wonder if a Black counselor would have told me the same thing. Our disagreement is really about perspective. It’s impossible to get you to understand if you can’t grasp this simple concept:
If I go to schools (example) and I am the only Black in class… Is my experience the same as your? If I go to shop and the storekeeper follows me, or holds my money up to the light to see if itms real, or asks me for ID when conducting banking transactions… and not asks mr Smith who was just in front of me, or I get questioned while working (like the UPS guy ) as if Imm supposed to be where I am. Unless you have these experiences at LEAST a few times a year… I understand why you don’t understand.
You can say it’s not that major… but it’s like a negative spouse that always tells you your not good enough. Eventually you leave or want to shut them up.
I think you have a false per

someone had metioned race theory earlier and I can’t get in to that pool … but the truth it the truth. GI loans are documented… did this happen or did it not? And I mention this bc my father was a Vet as well. Our home was not a VA loan but should have been. But as a result, the home was lost… and could have not been. Does this effect the wealth of my family? Yes. My parent grand kids all need a house even if I don’t.

I´ve travelled through fifteen countries and I´ve never seen anyone with black or white skin, not even in Africa.
Everyone seems to be a shade of brown, from pink to deepest mahogany.
Frankly I could do without this Black and White shit.
Other opinions exist, and you´re welcome to them.
I had a GF in Nigeria who was so black her skin looked a kind of indigo colour.

Image result for indigo color

Indigo dye is a greenish dark blue color, obtained from either the leaves of the tropical Indigo plant (Indigofera), or from woad (Isatis tinctoria), or the Chinese indigo (Persicaria tinctoria). Many societies make use of the Indigofera plant for producing different shades of blue.

She was so black her skin was blue ?

I worked with a guy in Flint when the downtown U of M was built that was from Jamaica. He was so black, the local blacks called him a blue black. Dude was funny as heck and kept ya laughin' when you were around him. And yeah, in the direct sunlight, he had a slight blue hue to him.

That´s interesting - two examples of people who were so exceptionally "Black" that they were actually blue.
I´ve never seen a piece of coal that was so black it was blue.
In England, two babies can be born in the same street, one "Black" and the other "White."
The first will always be "British" the second "English."
I would be in favour of a radical look at the way we use language to describe each other.
Because by using language, we describe ourselves.

Yeah. Walk your white ass into a store dressed poor or like a thug and watch how your watched and treated. They could give two shits about your color unless your pants is hanging down to your knees and yep they will watch you because your dressed like a thug and most likely acting like a moron. I'm so fking tired of all this whinny ass shit about BLM. Like i said. Take a look around at all the rich ass black ppl and tell me how they were treated unfairly. Total complete bullshit. Maybe several yrs ago this might be a problem,, but that fking ship has sailed. I bet you VOICE that nobody is watching you when you walk into a store anymore, especially in this day and time unless your dressed like a thug and acting like an ass,, which i doubt very seriously just judging by your writings. Again,, I dont know any slaves nor ppl that owned slaves and ill bet you dont either. Nor do i know any blacks being treated like shit by cops or anyone else. I have a lot of BLACK neighbors that make good money and live in nice homes. None of them tell me that Whitey is holding them back. There kids are over at our house getting ice cream from my Wife all the time. We have watched them all grow up and have kids. One of them smokes weed with my Wife. Cops aint coming into my neighborhood arresting black ppl.

Last edited:

I agree, statistics are useless unless applied properly.

The total US poverty rate in 2019 was about 10.5% and the black rate was about 18.8%. With a US population of about 328.2 million, that means about 43,978,800 are black and about 8,268,014 are in poverty, with 4,150,000 of that single household mothers.

That leaves about 284,221,200 non blacks with a poverty level around 10.5% or 29,843,226 in poverty, or about 3.6 times as many non blacks in poverty than blacks.

A previous study showed naturalized blacks in the US have a poverty rate of about 11.8% and native born blacks at the time to have a poverty rate of about 25.1%? Any thoughts on what that might be?

Not having seen your grades or heard your councilors thoughts, I can’t comment. We didn’t have councilors.

My experience is what I make it. A person self-conscious about race would have a different experience than someone who wasn’t for sure.

I have store keepers hold my money up to the light all the time, especially new bills. That is because of the number of counterfeits out there.

You say it is impossible for me to understand unless I grasp the concept of being viewed suspiciously, and I hand it back to you. Walk around the elephant asking the question, could black crime rates have anything to do with why blacks are sometimes watched more closely.

Last edited:
I´ve travelled through fifteen countries and I´ve never seen anyone with black or white skin, not even in Africa.
Everyone seems to be a shade of brown, from pink to deepest mahogany. Frankly I could do without this Black and White shit. Other opinions exist, and you´re welcome to them.

Google blue black African skin pigment.

I think most of the US population could do without the black and white shit, but a minority keeps it in play.

blue black.jpg

Voice, why don't you join in and become part of out community? If you hadn't told us how oppressed you and your people are we wouldn't know. Drop it and talk about marijuana. Tell your brothers to do the same thing I do when I hear the same rhetoric from a white person feeling sorry for themselves....Man up bietch and get off your lazy ass and go work!!!

Last edited:
Voice, why don't you join in and become part of out community? If you hadn't told us how oppressed you and your people are we wouldn't know. Drop it and talk about marijuana. Tell your brothers to do the same thing I do when I hear the same reteric from a white person feeling sorry for themselves....Man up bietch and get your lazy ass go work!!!

I double that suggestion. Race has never been an issue on this forum, nor do I have a clue what race anyone but you, Voice, are, nor does anyone care. We are brothers and sisters bound by the common interest of cannabis.

The riots and destruction have also made the issue a sore subject to those of us who believe racism is being over blown and stirred up to divide us.

Latest posts

Back