The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another wet day here. Gonna get hot and humid. Still beats snow.

Seasons are pretty balanced for me. All I do in the winter is whine about the cold and plow snow. About the time I've had enough, here comes rain and spring's mud. Next is summer and mowing. Blink twice and it's fall and leaf collection. Put the plow on the Jeep and wait for snow. Repeat a few months later.

Preferably of the opposite sex. ;)
Morning OFC. Fighting humidity today. Rain every day lately. Outside 84%, inside 55% and in the basement it is 58%. That means with the lights out and a tent full of plants it is over 60%. That, for me is the threshold to start watching for PM. I certainly don't need that shit in flower right now. Did some pruning last night and all fans are on high.....

Time to walk the dog before it gets hot.
I read the above twice. With just a single assumption that PM prolly means mold, it all comes clear:

I see now why I have never gotten a plant to stay alive while taller than 6 inches. I might as well have been trying to grow them on Mars.

Years ago, I got a plasticy grow tent about six feet high. Seeds popped. Yay. All sprouts eaten by wildlife. Boo. Planted new seeds. Wrapped chickum wire all around the tent. Yay.

Tent got knocked over and everything eaten. Boo. Built a mini-San Quentin. Little plants began to grow. Yay. Got little bugs onnem. Boo. Tried again, and lovely, fuzzy whitish mold. And the greatest success was posted here. Just under 6" tall with tiny little yellow leaves drooping and dropping. (*sigh*)

What I am tryna say is that I do not have the knowledge or experience to even have a chance to grow... and considering four-score and sumpin' years I've been around... I don't have the urge.

I salute the lot of you. Scientists, professionals all.

Just finished cutting the grass. Walk now with Mrs Pute. Then, mow the field and finally a dry trim on some Cincy 99 x Northern Lights. That will put a wrap on this day. Still catching up from the fishing trip. Life is good....I think.
There it is again. Sounds like a Mentat talking on a blinky-light machine.

Would you believe in my whole life I never heard of Cincy 99 x Northern Lights. I am guessing the x means a cross of the two... whatever the heck those two are. 👨‍🎓

And you're gonna dry trim it. I guess that's better than me dry humpin' it, 'cause I have never seen a dry trim. But I've seen the other.

I'd trade ya, Pute. Just got done edging 440 lineal feet of driveway. Can't remember taking as many breaks as I did last time. Filled up a full bucket on the FEL with all the sod and dirt. Phew. Quit sweating after a couple of hours. Fought through the dizzy and got the damned thing done. Looks beautiful. Ain't gonna do it again anytime soon, I'll tell ya!
Cold shower done, and a cold Coke Zero in the glass. 'Bout to warm up a bowl of bubble and forget how out of shape I am. :eek:

I'd trade ya, Pute. Just got done edging 440 lineal feet of driveway. Can't remember taking as many breaks as I did last time. Filled up a full bucket on the FEL with all the sod and dirt. Phew. Quit sweating after a couple of hours. Fought through the dizzy and got the damned thing done. Looks beautiful. Ain't gonna do it again anytime soon, I'll tell ya!
Cold shower done, and a cold Coke Zero in the glass. 'Bout to warm up a bowl of bubble and forget how out of shape I am. :eek:

440 feet eh.....you bragging or complaining?

1625094964354.png

This was the Mi Amigo, home to Radio Caroline. And my winter home for 3 months. 50KW transmitter. I did the engineering and the midnight till 2AM show.

440 feet eh.....you bragging or complaining?
Guess I should have said running feet. 220 +/-, both sides. Sure ain't bragging, but it does look nice when it's done. I was happy in suburbia, but rural life has its benefits, big time. More critters to enjoy, and more crap to take care of.
Gonna find me one of those power edgers for next year. That little electric bugger is just getting too hard for my old ass to use.

Had to have oral surgery yesterday after a weeks worth of frig tooth pain.
Now it's worse.......................
That sucks, Roster. I know tooth pain. I've had five pulled, and I've had enough root canals and gold caps that I'd be afraid to fall asleep around Pute or Walt if'n they had pliers handy.

Well I am a tired MO-FO. Just finished almost dark.....was trimming on my back deck and couldn't see anymore. I will sleep well tonight.

View attachment 274632
This was the Mi Amigo, home to Radio Caroline. And my winter home for 3 months. 50KW transmitter. I did the engineering and the midnight till 2AM show.
Winter? In a barfboat? 3 fargin months? YIKES!
1625134848681.png

I have to assume you were alone... or became alone after you killed and ate whoever was bothering you.

Just lookin' at that picture makes me queasy. :-( I am an experienced sailor -- I have called dinosaurs over the side in both the Atlantic and Pacific.

View attachment 274632

I spent the summer on a offshore well tender in the gulf of Mexico working for Kerr McGee and weathered one summer storm that was quite a ride. We welded everything to the deck that we couldn't tie down and let out the bow anchors while taking in the stern anchors to pull us far enough from the rig platform to avoid collisions. It was a 400 foot tender with five decks and were taking waves over the top one.

A good experience and one that strengthened my resolve to become an engineer rather than a roughneck.

Latest posts

Back