The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dayum. I’ve been offered a new job in the south. Parts counter at a big shop. ***. Why does life gotta be so complicated! Sell the house and get outta this cold assed over regulated northern state? I’m gonna have to do a lot of thinking. Headache just thinking about the logistics!

I don't declaw, just decided to replace things that get torn up. Small price to pay. I hope you give in and give another a home and a chance. So many out there. Bubba

We declawed our two rescue cats once, after they destroyed much of our furniture, before replacing it. It was a mistake as they stopped reliably using their cat box for a long period afterwards.

Though we both like cats, we decided to not get another one after those two died of natural causes, but cats have a way of finding and choosing you, and we ended up with rescue Melissa anyway, who is considerably less destructive, but we still have to keep an eye on her or she will shred upholstery. I now understand why little old ladies with a house full of cats, have throws and arm covers on everything.

As you say, the cost of doing business with cats and I'm reminded of the damage a couple of our rescue dogs did, including the interior of our new car. Dues paid for all they've both given us in return............................

Dayum. I’ve been offered a new job in the south. Parts counter at a big shop. ***. Why does life gotta be so complicated! Sell the house and get outta this cold assed over regulated northern state? I’m gonna have to do a lot of thinking. Headache just thinking about the logistics!
Does it offer better benefits and pay, is it a high cost Yankee state (well is it now) And the people who live there are they on slow side you know , I could not deal with that life style .
But you should think about it after what you discussed about the job your in now Bro,
What would you do deal with customers at the counter or salesman on the phone picking parts for delivery.
Dealing directly with the public can be very trying on the heart.

We declawed our two rescue cats once, after they destroyed much of our furniture, before replacing it. It was a mistake as they stopped reliably using their cat box for a long period afterwards.

Though we both like cats, we decided to not get another one after those two died of natural causes, but cats have a way of finding and choosing you, and we ended up with rescue Melissa anyway, who is considerably less destructive, but we still have to keep an eye on her or she will shred upholstery. I now understand why little old ladies with a house full of cats, have throws and arm covers on everything.

As you say, the cost of doing business with cats and I'm reminded of the damage a couple of our rescue dogs did, including the interior of our new car. Dues paid for all they've both given us in return............................

I bet your balm helped a lot, have it try it during the day before the nightcap
She didn’t need any yesterday or last night. Not sure if the balm did anything but she’s in pain most nights. So I’m hoping this is gonna be a better answer than all the cortisone shot they’re giving her. Eventually cortisone will destroy the joints.

Does it offer better benefits and pay, is it a high cost Yankee state (well is it now) And the people who live there are they on slow side you know , I could not deal with that life style .
But you should think about it after what you discussed about the job your in now Bro,
What would you do deal with customers at the counter or salesman on the phone picking parts for delivery.
Dealing directly with the public can be very trying on the heart.
I’m in a yankee state now. I hate Illinois and all it’s high taxes and well I won’t bring up the political ** here.
I won’t be dealing with the public so much as the mechanics at this big shop. I would take a bit of a hit on the pay but cost of living is lower there. So that may just be a push.
I did parts for 30 years. Aftermarket and wrecking yard. So I do know how freaking people get.

I’m in a yankee state now. I hate Illinois and all it’s high taxes and well I won’t bring up the political ** here.
I won’t be dealing with the public so much as the mechanics at this big shop. I would take a bit of a hit on the pay but cost of living is lower there. So that may just be a push.
I did parts for 30 years. Aftermarket and wrecking yard. So I do know how freaking people get.
I would think about it and talk to the Boss
Have you mentioned it to her yet?

She didn’t need any yesterday or last night. Not sure if the balm did anything but she’s in pain most nights. So I’m hoping this is gonna be a better answer than all the cortisone shot they’re giving her. Eventually cortisone will destroy the joints.
Hopefully it will help her
Like I said you could always ask Sam a question through me in private email about what you made (RSO) and best way to infuse into the balm and what other ingredients and amount you need to be on point with it.

Sucks big time. He’s full of knowledge.

She knows about the offer. She wants outta the cold up here but man the humidity down there is killer.
Hey no more of this
giphy.gif

After moving to Illinois one summer and moving back to Oklahoma in the middle of my first ghastly winter there, I can commiserate with wanting to leave and I've found the folks in the south on average are less wary and suspicious, as well as more friendly and way more laid back.

Where in the south makes a big difference iff'n you have kids in school. I ended up paying for mine to attend private schools out of concern for both their quality of education, as well as their safety. Do check out the school system if it is applicable.

More squitos, chiggers, and other crawlies.

Last edited:
After moving to Illinois one summer and moving back to Oklahoma in the middle of my first ghastly winter there, I can commiserate with wanting to leave and I've found the folks in the south on average are less wary and suspicious, as well as more friendly and way more laid back.

Where in the south makes a big difference iff'n you have kids in school. I ended up paying for mine to attend private schools out of concern for both their quality of education, as well as their safety. Do check out the school system if it is applicable.
Thks GW
He is an old fooker like us well not as old as you LOL
But not sure if he does plan to move anyone but him and wife .
57?

Thks GW He is an old fooker like us well not as old as you LOL But not sure if he does plan to move anyone but him and wife . 57?

Around my 54 year old daughter's age. Seems young to me!

My Balls would be way to sweaty

Ah switch from tighty whities to boxer underwear, or quit wearing underwear all together as the temperature and humidity rises. Saves on diaper rash and the unsightly heartbreak of sweaty testicles.........

Latest posts

Back