The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Brother who owns his own shop but prior he ran fleet maintenance for 150 vans and buses. We know each other for 37 years. When you get a inside what shops cost ,insurances ,computer services ,inspections ,diagnostic equipment ,specialized tools ,alignments , mulitable lifts ,parking, removing snow from said parking and just to keep 4500 square ft shop warm is astronomical. Plus every twat who ever heard of Youtube who after watching something for 7 minutes becomes a expert. To getting help ,to killing your back. As a electrician my trade change slowly ,as a car tech there are as many systems in a car as there in the star ship Enterprise. People freak when they hear $125 and up labor charges ,but have no clue .
I have no problem paying that either to an honest Mech
It is the sheitheads who take forever to finish a job or bill by the book where it says will take 4hrs to do and charge that when it takes them an hour.
The Guy i go to now Knows I worked on all sorts of engines and vehicles and is very honest with the hour prices. But I have it ready to go so he does not have to do the little things
ie : rusted on lugs , full tank of gas when he needs to drop tank .......stuff like that saves a lot of time

that did not age well eh

647B2D35-4CEA-4DAA-AD89-0D81C648DF73.jpeg

11FDE6EB-9A5A-4DB5-BC73-B597BF67F803.png
647B2D35-4CEA-4DAA-AD89-0D81C648DF73.jpeg

I have a Brother who owns his own shop but prior he ran fleet maintenance for 150 vans and buses. We know each other for 37 years. When you get a inside what shops cost ,insurances ,computer services ,inspections ,diagnostic equipment ,specialized tools ,alignments , mulitable lifts ,parking, removing snow from said parking and just to keep 4500 square ft shop warm is astronomical. Plus every twat who ever heard of Youtube who after watching something for 7 minutes becomes a expert. To getting help ,to killing your back. As a electrician my trade change slowly ,as a car tech there are as many systems in a car as there in the star ship Enterprise. People freak when they hear $125 and up labor charges ,but have no clue .
It’s ridiculous all of the ** involved in it. I loved just fixing cars back in the day. Now I’m just putting in my time

people always assume I enjoy working on old vehicles and are surprised when I tell them I don't care to...it's the drive I enjoy but in order to do that they need to run...it's the little things that keep my cars off the trailer...that being said I believe a shakedown run is in order with elvis...new ignition, carb bench flowed and tweaked, timing set earlier...I'm thinking a sunset drive is in order...I know an old school pizza joint right off the bay...gotta drive along the longest unbroken sidewalk in the world to do so...6 miles right on the bay...this is what florida is all about...

people always assume I enjoy working on old vehicles and are surprised when I tell them I don't care to...it's the drive I enjoy but in order to do that they need to run...it's the little things that keep my cars off the trailer...that being said I believe a shakedown run is in order with elvis...new ignition, carb bench flowed and tweaked, timing set earlier...I'm thinking a sunset drive is in order...I know an old school pizza joint right off the bay...gotta drive along the longest unbroken sidewalk in the world to do so...6 miles right on the bay...this is what florida is all about...
Until recently I had a 65 Austin Healey. I enjoyed working on that. You turned a screw it actually did something. Now it’s all modules talking to each other. Nowadays I just build bikes in my spare time

steve, my rides are all from the 60's for the most part and agree that they are easier to work on but I guess I have way too many toys to keep up...jay leno has this old car life figured out...I just need to figure out how to get jay's money...I have 1 car I will not work on, way too much technology for my old hands...23 pounds of boost with methanol injection...it's all that and more...
IMG_0066.JPG

steve, my rides are all from the 60's for the most part and agree that they are easier to work on but I guess I have way too many toys to keep up...jay leno has this old car life figured out...I just need to figure out how to get jay's money...I have 1 car I will not work on, way too much technology for my old hands...23 pounds of boost with methanol injection...it's all that and more...View attachment 296126
Looks like a twin turbo v6 GS....

Bubba

Latest posts

Back