The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did that too when we screwed up and harvested a hen that was still laying.

Given current evolutionary theory, consider that what laid the first egg that hatched into a chicken, wasn't really a chicken.
The egg-forming stripe is common food in the Far East. The Chinese wonder at the oddity that us Big Noses will:

WILL NOT eat the egg-sac eggs, but
WILL eat the egg in a shell, but
WILL NOT eat an unborn chicken still in the shell, but
WILL eat the chicken full grown.

Getting logical only pisses off Westerners, they have found out. To point out the egg-sac eggs are literally identical to eggs in a shell... accomplishes nothing.

To point out to the KFC Extra Crunchy Fried Chicken lover that the unborn chick is dipped in just that kind of batter to make it nice and crunchy just like the KFC crap won't work either. We're just crazy, that's all.

The egg-forming stripe is common food in the Far East. The Chinese wonder at the oddity that us Big Noses will:

WILL NOT eat the egg-sac eggs, but
WILL eat the egg in a shell, but
WILL NOT eat an unborn chicken still in the shell, but
WILL eat the chicken full grown.

Getting logical only pisses off Westerners, they have found out. To point out the egg-sac eggs are literally identical to eggs in a shell... accomplishes nothing.

To point out to the KFC Extra Crunchy Fried Chicken lover that the unborn chick is dipped in just that kind of batter to make it nice and crunchy just like the KFC crap won't work either. We're just crazy, that's all.
Sorry. Unless I'm starving, I won't likely eat an unhatched, deep-fried chick.

I have disliked eggs ever since gladiator school.
Caught one of the kitchen slaves jacking off into 400 gallons of scrambled eggs for breakfast one morning.
Resulted in several days of full on rioting,teargas and a aversion to eggs.
😆
Had an uncle that wouldn't eat canned corn. He worked in a factory in Missouri. He said the guys would spit their chew in the vat.
I now wonder do they make a morning after pill for chicken too
Yes. It's called a frying pan.
Cunning linguistics.
Breakfast/lunch/dinner of champions!
I did the deep fried once , Made the best fries ever,
turkey not so much.
Be prepared for a boil over fire if you do not know the rules to do so.
I've fried a couple of birds. Best turkey I've ever eaten. It does take a little common sense, like not doing it anywhere near combustible stuff. I always put the bird in the pot and filled it up with water deep enough to cover the bird. Then I haul the bird out and let it dry. I make a mark on the pot to indicate the water level and dump the water out and dry the pot. Next comes the oil up to the level I marked on the pot. Fire up the burner and let it get hot and then replace the bird. Easy peasy.
I always keep a proper fire extinguisher handy, just in case.

Had an uncle that wouldn't eat canned corn. He worked in a factory in Missouri. He said the guys would spit their chew in the vat.

I've fried a couple of birds. Best turkey I've ever eaten. It does take a little common sense, like not doing it anywhere near combustible stuff. I always put the bird in the pot and filled it up with water deep enough to cover the bird. Then I haul the bird out and let it dry. I make a mark on the pot to indicate the water level and dump the water out and dry the pot. Next comes the oil up to the level I marked on the pot. Fire up the burner and let it get hot and then replace the bird. Easy peasy.
NEVER Put a Frozen or partially frozen in Hot oil...............
This is where I have seen most boil overs.

I had a friend who worked at Carvel Ice Cream store
He use to spray a cleaning fluid in the vinalla because he hated it, and he would smile and say it makes people have to go .
Think of it as a flushing agent.
I caught him doing it and confronted him. he said he would not do it again, but I never ate vanilla there again.

Had to catch up to you chatty folks on my notebook. Damned computer decided to do a 20 minute update. I knew there must have been one coming 'cause it always gets a little jankey just before the updates.
It gave me a special appreciation for you folks that surf this site on phones and Ipads. PITA.

1a4322b87032855802f9bbbd241e720e.gif
Ok that is just creepy

No, the Amanita Muscaria and Panterina both contain Ibotenic Acid, Muscimol and Muscarine, which are psychoactive and have been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years.

Acording to Hallucinogenic and Poisonous Mushrooms Field Guide by Gary P Menser, one person in North America is known to have died from consuming A. Panterina.

The deadly poisonous Amanitas are the A. Bisporigera, A. Ocreata, or A. Verna.

Amanita ocreata - Wikipedia

I did the deep fried once , Made the best fries ever,
turkey not so much.
Be prepared for a boil over fire if you do not know the rules to do so.
Our annual Christmas party at the shop was a big affair. Lots of food, usually included a fried turkey and we always had a ton of crappie. I was the French fry guy. I'd hand cut 10 pounds of potatoes and wash them really clean, then store them in gallon baggies in clean ice water until the next day for the party. When it was time to cook them, I'd drain and dry them as best I could and the guy who did the frying would cook them.

I did that for 15 years straight, and I got compliments on those fries every year. The turkey was fried outside in a separate cooker, and I'd eat a piece of it, but my mainstay was the fish and fries.

I just wish I'd known how to make a batch of my granddad's hush puppy batter. His were the best...small pieces of red and green peppers and onions. 🥰

Latest posts

Back