The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else still eating left over pies LOL

naw , just some white meat turkey

IMG_7312.jpeg

My Old Man had a 1" leather belt that cut the blood outta me unless I was lucky enough just to get hit by the buckle. All that did was leave bruises. Had to climb in the shower and soak my shirt off before I could get ready for gym class back in high school.
I got welts. Never had any blood. Good friend of mine used to get beat up (fists) by his "dad".
It don't take much of a man to beat up a kid.

I got welts. Never had any blood. Good friend of mine used to get beat up (fists) by his "dad".
It don't take much of a man to beat up a kid.
My dad only got hold of me twice that I remember and both times it was a belt and I left bleeding. The rest of the time it was my mom whose answer to any infraction was, "go get the belt."

If no one would own up to the nefarious deed, she beat us all until someone confessed.

She beat me again one time for making too much noise the first time, so I learned to take a beating in silence.

Another time she beat me again because she got a blister on her hand from beating me the first time.

My ex-wife moved over the hill and far away with our kids, so I had little hand in raising them, but on the other hand I didn't pass on the circle of abuse to the next generation. They were always on good enough behavior when we visited that I've never laid a hand on either of them.

My dad only got hold of me twice that I remember and both times it was a belt and I left bleeding. The rest of the time it was my mom whose answer to any infraction was, "go get the belt."

If no one would own up to the nefarious deed, she beat us all until someone confessed.

She beat me again one time for making too much noise the first time, so I learned to take a beating in silence.

Another time she beat me again because she got a blister on her hand from beating me the first time.

My ex-wife moved over the hill and far away with our kids, so I had little hand in raising them, but on the other hand I didn't pass on the circle of abuse to the next generation. They were always on good enough behavior when we visited that I've never laid a hand on either of them.
Sorry Brother I know your pain

"If no one would own up to the nefarious deed, she beat us all until someone confessed."

Ten of us kids (myself, my 2 sisters and our 7 cousins) all got two rounds of welts from a cat-o-nine-tails by mom and her sister over a 20 dollar bill that was stolen out of my mom's purse. The dirtbag cousin who stole the money didn't own up until many years later. I'm not a hater...but I hate that mo fo.

He tried to hook up with me when I was on wastebook several years back...I got word out that if he showed up at my door I'd poke him hard in the nose. Never heard another word from the loser. Oh yeah...did I mention he was several years older than me, and a bully?

I hear tell he banged his own mother-in-law, though I don't know it for fact - but that's the kind of thing he'd have done.

Butch. I remember you, bud.

Sorry Brother I know your pain
Just a memory at this point. The standards for the generation who grew up during the Great Depression and fought WW-II were different than the standards of my generation who grew up under less stressful circumstances.

I actually did use a belt on the 17-year-old son of a live-in girlfriend. He was beating on the other kids, wrecking the house, stealing cars, and had stolen my deer rifle to, "freak me out".

I cornered him and took the rifle back, and after he continued to mouth off, I told him that he wasn't too old to spank, and he told me that I wasn't big enough. He was bigger than me, but I'm meaner and I grabbed a handhold of his shoulder length hair and shoved his head between his knees and grabbed the back of his belt and hung him there while I smacked his butt with my belt.

The first blow he just grunted and the second one he cried, so I let it go at that, because I had made my point. Sadly, the result was not that I made my point, but that he only wanted to kill me that much more. He also went to the cops and tried unsuccessfully to get me arrested for assault.

Last edited:
Just a memory at this point. The standards for the generation who grew up during the Great Depression and fought WW-II were different than the standards of my generation who grew up under less stressful circumstances.

I actually did use a belt on the 17-year-old son of a live-in girlfriend. He was beating on the other kids, wrecking the house, stealing cars, and had stolen my deer rifle to, "freak me out".

I cornered him and took the rifle back, and after he continued to mouth off, I told him that he wasn't too old to spank, and he told me that I wasn't big enough. He was bigger than me, but I'm meaner and I grabbed a handhold of his shoulder length hair and shoved his head between his knees and grabbed the back of his belt and hung him there while I smacked his butt with my belt.

The first blow he just grunted and the second one he cried, so I let it go at that, because I had made my point. Sadly, the result was not that I made my point, but that he only wanted to kill me that much more. He also went to the cops and tried unsuccessfully to get me arrested for assault.
perhaps some baton therapy?

I remember the time I was in high school, and apparently my mother had tried to wake me up for school. I was zoned, like kids do. Next thing I know, the Old Man was cutting the blood outta my bare back and actually got in three hard swings before I woke up.

Fast forward 20 years and I hear the Old Hen fussing about how she couldn't get the kid awake for school. I told her I'd handle it. I went in and got a clean wash rag, ran warm water over it, and baby talked to her while I was washing her sweet little face. She woke up with a smile. End of the cycle of abuse, and it didn't take a lot of brain power to figure how to do it.

Latest posts

Back