The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree Bubba. Small electric cars or golfcarts, which is fine for running around your neighborhood or going to the store but they are not for normal shit.
I remember when I lived in Florida there are Subdivisions and small towns where mostly retired folks live and almost everyone of them have a golfcart to get around in.
Sun City is one of them. That I get,,, because they don't go anywhere but around the neighborhood or to the store or play golf.
Some of them have some cool looking golfcarts.😁

Totally agree Bubba. Small electric cars or golfcarts, which is fine for running around your neighborhood or going to the store but they are not for normal shit.
I remember when I lived in Florida there are Subdivisions and small towns where mostly retired folks live and almost everyone of them have a golfcart to get around in.
Sun City is one of them. That I get,,, because they don't go anywhere but around the neighborhood or to the store or play golf.
That happened in a lot of Gated Communities. There was some kind of a tax deal on electric vehicles and the carts fit the rule. So a lot of folks living there would buy really tricked out golf carts for next to nothing. That is a reasonable use. But to act like a tesla is "modern technology" Is a load of huey.

Electric cars, as they are with Dinasaur rechargeable batteries are a fools Follie. Total ** that will never be successful.
Depends on their application. They are not the great panacea, but have their uses.
Exactly so, picking up a low mile three-year-old Ford Focus EV in 2016 for our intown driving was one of my better investments. Cheap to drive, extremely low maintenance, and good performance. At 51K, maintenance has been a tire rotation and a new set of tires. It still has the original brake pads because it mostly uses dynamic braking.

Note we keep a Jeep as a second vehicle, which I need for tending our rentals and out of town driving, but put less than a thousand miles a year on it.
That happened in a lot of Gated Communities. There was some kind of a tax deal on electric vehicles and the carts fit the rule. So a lot of folks living there would buy really tricked out golf carts for next to nothing. That is a reasonable use. But to act like a tesla is "modern technology" Is a load of huey.
Grayfox's grand parents moved into a gated community, and he rolled their car moving from their farm to the retirement community.

After that we no longer trusted him to drive, so we got them a golf cart, which they could not only drive on the community grounds but could access a local shopping center without getting on public roads. It put a big smile on their faces when we presented it to them, in response to them starting to feel cooped up, and besides the grounds and shopping, it allowed them both to visit neighbors without having to walk any distance.

They even have electric Bikes with trolly cars for the scooter jockeys.
The Ural electric with sider
1701089798329.png

We've got a cart. It's gas though. Fill it up in the spring and top it off the next spring. It's only got a two gallon tank. It's great for driving around the ranch and for visiting neighbors.
I was thinking the same might be time to get me one , Im tired of all the walking.

Latest posts

Back