The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1708386023738.png

Plain or nutty for me. I've ate 'em plain since I was a kid, but I've branched off to include nutty. There's a local orchard that makes 'em plain with an apple flavor and dipped in cinnamon sugar that are pretty good, but they're seasonal.

Morning gang. Had to put my dog down yesterday. Had her since she was four weeks old. She was my baby girl and so very loyal. She just kept getting meaner. She didn’t like the kids and would bare her teeth at them sometimes. Attacking my other dog and I finally just couldn’t trust her anymore. I couldn’t run the risk of her hurting one of my sons.
I took her out and feed some semesters scraps and shot her. Then I threw up and went home to bury her. While I’m digging the hole my three year old notices she was shot, and starts saying pew pew pew with his cap pistol. Whole time I’m crying my heart out.
The right choice is rarely the easy choice in life. I feel like I did what should be done. But I can’t help but feel like I betrayed her.
Life is for the living.

Attachments

• 9A3DC5F7-8FBA-4C3E-8C5F-AD1E673612B0.jpeg
    9A3DC5F7-8FBA-4C3E-8C5F-AD1E673612B0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • BA4A2E7C-9CDF-4A31-B8C6-FA5141E9DDD1.jpeg
    BA4A2E7C-9CDF-4A31-B8C6-FA5141E9DDD1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 6FDE6A66-D0EC-4496-9BEF-718C70DBFA03.jpeg
    6FDE6A66-D0EC-4496-9BEF-718C70DBFA03.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Morning gang. Had to put my dog down yesterday. Had her since she was four weeks old. She was my baby girl and so very loyal. She just kept getting meaner. She didn’t like the kids and would bare her teeth at them sometimes. Attacking my other dog and I finally just couldn’t trust her anymore. I couldn’t run the risk of her hurting one of my sons.
I took her out and feed some semesters scraps and shot her. Then I threw up and went home to bury her. While I’m digging the hole my three year old notices she was shot, and starts saying pew pew pew with his cap pistol. Whole time I’m crying my heart out.
The right choice is rarely the easy choice in life. I feel like I did what should be done. But I can’t help but feel like I betrayed her.
Life is for the living.
May your heart rest easy, I would guess there are not many rescues that will accept a mean pit bull these days. I grieve along side you.

Life is for the living.
Lousy, irrespective of the circumstances

May your heart rest easy, I would guess there are not many rescues that will accept a mean pit bull these days. I grieve along side you.
No it the dog is aggressive here they just put them down.

You didn't betray anyone. You did the necessary thing however painful it was Family first. You can not un hurt a child or un kill other animals after the fact. Believe me I had the same situation in 2008. I took in a dog from Houston while visiting a relative. Her kids were not feeding it so I said I would take it. We had him for about 2 years and loved his dumb ass. He started snapping at us out of no where. Then he bit me my dad tried to get him off me and he bit my dad. I went in the house muzzled his ass took him straight to the vet and had him put down. The vet offered to take him and I told him what the situation he even agreed it was best yo put him down. Some dogs just turn like that. It is rare but does happen. His shots were up to date he was well fed and cared for. No one was mean to him since I got him and we had him a few years. You did the right thing.

Rabies is a perfect example of a parasite changing a dogs behavior.

Rabies virus is a very old parasite of animals and humans. Records dating back to 2300 years BC document that rabies was prevalent and recognized as a disease transmitted from dogs to humans in ancient Babylon, with the same epide- miologic features as today.

Latest posts

Back