The overwhelmed oldfogey multistrain clone grow debacle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave a foliar feed to everyone consisting of 5% each of EMA and Diamond Nectar and 1% of my regular nutes. Left the lights off for about an hour to allow the leaves to dry out. I hope I don’t have a bunch of dead plants over the next few days. I am meddlesome...

My ‘sky is falling’ outlook has been proven unfounded again. The clones all seemed to like the foliar feeding. The yellowing lavender clone greened up overnight literally. I feel like I will reach a saturation point in the next few weeks where I will have more plants than room. I need to build that cabinet I have been contemplating...

36F90022-732A-4744-844B-2B2E30389FF2.jpeg

As far as a silica product goes, I see RAW has a silica supplement that has a neutral pH. I sent kelp4less a message asking for more info on their silica product. sa- I see you don’t worry about pH when using dilute silica blast and just use it every couple/few weeks. I know I am a pain in the rear with my resistance to checking pH but I ham what I yam. I have some bottles of pH up and down from GH (I think). When I was trying to shoot for 6.3-ish, it seemed like the tiniest amount would cause me to overshoot. I wound up dipping a quarter of a butter knife blade in the liquids and stirring a gallon of water with it to walk the pH in. Seemed unscientific and unrepeatable so I gave up in the end. I am a creature of habit, stuck in my ways and kinda lazy as well. The first step they say is to admit you have a problem. I am quite accomplished at that...

simple things make a difference. Instead of doin 1 gallon. Do 5 gallon bucket and give it time to adjust. Add a little mix it. Never stop measuring the ph the whole time. And you don't need to be OCD about it. You are shooting for a range, not an exact number. 6.5 - 5.5. 6.3 was good, should have left it alone.

Thx. Someone from kelp4less responded that their silica powder is neutral. I also asked about their nutrient line. Seems a little sneaky. They have a grow and bloom(2 separate bundles) that the rep made it sound like it was a complete ‘system’. But the feedcharts have a couple more things that are not part of the complete bundle. Roughly estimated it would be about $200 to get started and that would last probably 4 seed/clone to harvest grows for me. Kinda steep start up cost for someone who doesn’t sell the final product. The stuff I use now seems to last longer that 4 grows and I can get bottles of the stuff to replenish for under $20. I have the their Extreme Blend and will probably get some of their silica. Thinking going with a compost tea may be a better option for me long term...

The clones I got from stinky are very vigorous. I had to top all of them except the little fatty cut of umbras Triple grape which is one really short, squat plant. They are looking hungry so I will feed them lightly later. I need to delay their growth so I can figure out what I’m gonna do with so many plants. Maybe I will have to flower a bunch of small plants as I see some folks here do. It is a nice problem to have...

Did another foliar feed using the extreme blend stuff (kelp, fulvic acid and amino acids) I got from kelp4less because I am a little OCD and it was killing me to have an unopened package of goodies. The clones of the clones are still looking perky. Spring needs to come early or I am going to have a Creep Show situation here with green stuff filling up my house...

They look perky indeed!
I'm a fan of keeping pH up and down in squeeze bottles with a dispenser tip so you can dose out a few drops at a time. Cap when not in use, and look out for the cheap dollar store ones that leak around the seal. The ones that come in boxed hair dye kits are awesome but I'm not sure how much hair dye you go through lol...

lol. As a member of the ‘hair on two sides club’ if I was dying my hair, a box would last me years. I found my GH pH up and down bottles. I do have a bunch of 50 ml bottles with dropper caps from when I thought I would be making a lot of tincture.

If they have rubber squeezies, those do degrade pretty fast exposed to the chemicals but it is nice to have extra controlled delivery for sure

I was wondering about that. Almost need a pipette(I think that is what they are called).

transplanted the stinkyattic clones into slightly larger pots so all my small clones are in the same size containers. the umbra triple grape fatty is now as tall as the rest of the small clones so she will be getting topped soon. i guess i missed topping the church clone and she is the yin to the triple grapes yang. whispy sativa as opposed to stout indica. the whole lot are starting to outgrow the temporary box i have them in. i keep posting that i need to build a box.

i need to build a box... ;)

This is what I have.

MEBOK Measuring Spoons, Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, All in One Set of 7 for Measuring Dry and Liquid Ingredients https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZBHIER/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_11VtEbJ7HFYWY

I know I sound like a broken record(and maybe a dunderheaded bum hole) but most of the time, I don’t have pH problems with my grows. I have 12 plants going right now and the only one that may have had a pH issue is the mother plant that lived in the same 3 gallon pot with the same soil and very infrequent nutes. She was neglected and then put into a new pot and a tent under a lot more light and she got angry. She looks happier now. My 11 clones all look very happy and I haven’t checked pH on them at all. I am lazy or maybe just like things as simple as possible for my simple mind. I appreciate input and do not want to offend anyone. I may need to get pH-ey at some point as I change stuff up in my pursuit of betterness but so far this ‘organic’ regimen seems to not need me to intervene in the name of pH.

Latest posts

Back