The overwhelmed oldfogey multistrain clone grow debacle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy I gave the plants to grows outside. He doesn’t have much experience but showed me pics of his plants last summer. Very impressive. I hope to be able to look in on his grow this summer.

My son had a couple of clones from me that he harvested but was too busy to trim. I offered to trim them up for him. The Mimosa is soooo purple. I am keeping the trim and plan to combine his and mine to make some dry ice hash(thx @umbra gor the idea of stainless steel screens). I would love Mimosa smelling hash. It would be nice to have purple hash but so far the scissor hash is black. Not a terrible alternative. The Mendo Cookie he grew is hermied so I think I am done with that plant. It sucks because it is the most resinous plant I have grown but I don’t want to regret keeping it. So far no sign of seeds from the hermie in any grows. The seeds I have were all(as near as I can tell) from the colas I pollinated.

First time I have trimmed bud after it has been semi dried. Not a big fan but I find the sugar leaves pull off pretty easily. I am kinda manhandling the buds but they look nice with all the sugar leaves removed.

848FBF3A-9FA1-4C41-859D-2AA4E1264C77.jpeg

I have 2 blue ones as well. My mother in law shops QVC for Christmas gifts for me...

No stickish so it works well. Great minds think alike?

Oddly enough I am smoking the scissor hash from today’s trimmins’. Yikes!

The trimmed Mimosa buds from my sons grow. He turns his heat down in his house to 58 when he isn’t home which is most of the time so he got some nice purple. Buds are smallish but he is using some under-powered lights and probably should do some pruning next time.

578BC89B-95F0-44CC-81CC-DCD65C26CA6E.jpeg

I need to up-pot some of the clones shortly. Mixed up about 6 gallons of amended/used soil and moistened it up with some EM1 and Diamond Black which is a humic acid solution. Not sure where I am going to put them...

That’s a nice pile of purple buds right there!!!
Here what’s goin on in my cabinet right now...
Blueberry x V from umbra and Rose in the back there...two on the right are Mendo cookies from OF8, thank you very much...and the front two on the left are supposed to be Lambs bread that I got from a suspect seed source so I don’t know if they really are LB....Over in the other cab is a Mendo x Mimosa that I’m torturing....
6EBC65D7-D560-4020-BC6E-F7FCC6F1E67C.jpeg

Since there is no pic, does that mean absolutely nothing? Sorry if those seeds screwed you over...

Edit: Oh, there they are. Nice spread 2RE.

Last edited:
Is that an aerial from the set of Saving Grace lol? Seriously if you have not seen it, it's British and adorable. The Main Dame is some actress I'd never heard of and she just kills it . Sooo cute and silly. Popcorn n fat joint kinda date night movie.
Also you get to see what plastic low budget garbage was expected to pass for live pot plants. It looks like the set designer raided a dollar store swag section during the post Christmas sales and just took a green spray can to the lot for 'realism'.

We need something good to watch other than ‘Better Call Saul’. ‘Episodes’ was really good. ‘After Life’ was pretty good too but dark.

I stopped using CalMg+ a couple months ago(after I stopped Brita filtering my water) and see no sign of deficiencies. I have a TDS meter I bought back when I started growing because I thought I needed it. I think my water measured 150-ish then. I am pleased to believe I don’t need CalMg+ any more but peeved I have used it for so long and (probably) not needed it. I am curious if my smoke will taste better now that I am now over-nuting them with it...

I replaced the batteries and checked my tap water and got 110. I have not calibrated it though and do not plan on it. Just wondered...

Latest posts

Back