Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't bother. Too much work. Unless you are competing with Cali buds, who cares. I don't filter my beer unless I enter it in a competition, either.

Can’t find much on proper trimming videos any way. I am not competing with anyone since I don’t sell. Nobody complains about free bud... ;)

Think I’m gonna try dry trimin next time around...maybe not have to rush quite so much...

I have been wondering about that too. I saw (I think) st_nick alluded to dry trimming(remove the fan leaves then dry then trim??). I was in a rush to trim this plant. Still took a few hours. I still have 3 and 1/3 plants to go...

My eyes are bad But they could be normal red hairs that look different in the light that you have. I usually see white, red or purple hairs during flower.
I would not stress too much about it at this point.
Your plants look great to me.

Fogey, dude, those BUDS. They look like the tips were dipped in violet ink. They look so effing nice. As someone smoking in the same regional market as you, that trim looks better than 80+% of what I've seen pass through here. I also tend to trim a little long, it depends on the texture of the sugar leaves , and i think that looks very classy. Purple pinecones for your pot pourri ;)

Took the top 2/3 of the 2nd mimosa on Thursday. All trimmed up(I am a creature of habit and fear dry trimming will be an issue for me). The first plant I trimmed I was trying a new drying method where I have the buds hanging in a box that has air drawn into and out of it using the fresh air vent hose to my grow tent. The buds are not in the direct flow but I am concerned I may have dried them too quickly. After 2 days in the box, the exterior was crispy but the stems were still almost wet. Trimmed the buds off the stalks and put them in a paper bag then thought better of it and jarred them up with a hygrometer. They took 24 hours to reach 65%. Sphincter was clenched up pretty good as they started at 52%. Thought I’d blown it. The jars actually smell pretty fruity so all may not be lost. I only left the 2nd plant in the box for a day. It is now in a paper bag drying out. Estimating I have 2 ounces from each plant. Probably will bet another ounce combined from the lower stuff. WAG estimate that I will get 3 ounces from the Mendo plants which will be chopped this week so I think a half pound for this grow. Now I need to figure out what to do with so much extra. Hoping the young fogeys can help me unload some...

Busy week coming up. Chop and trim the remaining stuff in the tent. Build a screen for the Mimosa mom. Tend the the Hubbardston satellite grow as my kid will be out of town.

Here are some pics of the 2nd plant and one bud from the first all ready for curing...

9C275AD5-6E48-4451-9110-4A9364AD5DDB.jpeg
93C99DE5-0FFF-4EF5-820B-ECD2175E2D53.jpeg
B3003C49-A398-4888-A9D1-F1E01C8E8C0F.jpeg
2E3E261C-CFE5-4834-B88E-7F022D1D215F.jpeg

A new rule in the house too. Do not smoke all the scissor hash in one go. It will not go well. Mrs Fogey and I basically time travelled after a few bong hits of the mimosa scissor hash. Yikes!

Finished off both Mimosa plants over the last 2 days. The lower parts didn’t come out like I’d hoped. May make hash out of most of it. Might not too. I am chopping the Mendo Cookies over the next couple of days. I have a half a paper grocery bag full of mimosa trim. I will wait for my son to finish his grow and will take his trim and try to make dry ice hash. Bubble never works well for me.

Built a frame for my tent to try out the scrog on the Mimosa mother earlier this week. The netting I have is 5” squares so I am hoping that works. I will start a new journal for that future disaster...

Got some seeds from one of my pollinated buds. They don’t look that healthy but I am pleased I got some. Mimosa x Mimosa-hoping I have seeds that will be viable for future grows. I like Mimosa.

Have not checked the other bud yet.

9ADF3115-6BB8-4EE2-BF6A-4C1969B8367F.jpeg

You'll get some of those to sprout just fine. Betcha you find another bean or two while you're breaking up bud to smoke, too!

I am guessing I won’t. I checked the other bud/branch. Nada surf. I am not accustomed to breaking buds up anymore. Though seed removal was needed back in the 70’ds and 80’s for me, I have never found a seed in decades. Now I grind so if there are seeds, I won’t know(my sense of taste is trashed for some reason). And I was pretty careful pollinating. Seems like the Mimosa pollen is pretty weak(even though this was 4+ month old refrigerated pollen). I used fresh pollen from 3 separate males I had this summer and got fewer seeds than I got this run. I am happy the pollen stayed viable. I didn’t select a male so this is a crap shoot most likely. The Mendo Cookie male I had made impressive looking(big, dark, striped) seeds from all 3 females in the tent. I think @2RedEyes is growing some of those seeds. I wish I had the organization and discipline(and intelligence) a lot of you have. I’d love to grow out stuff. I have seeds 3 and 4 years old I haven’t done squat with. Thanks to you and @umbra though...

I popped 2 of the Mimosa x Mendo Cookies beans and one is doing great and one died...both sitting right next to each other with the same treatment as far as I can tell...so I popped 3 of the Mendo x Mendo beans and I’m still waiting...
Looking forward to some Mimosa and Mendo buds...

I popped 2 of the Mimosa x Mendo Cookies beans and one is doing great and one died...both sitting right next to each other with the same treatment as far as I can tell...so I popped 3 of the Mendo x Mendo beans and I’m still waiting...
Looking forward to some Mimosa and Mendo buds...
Are the 3 Mendo x Mendo beans not sprouting? I am new to making seeds so I don’t know a heck of a lot about breeding. The Mendo fathered seeds all look robust compared to the Mimosa fathered seeds. I hope they all work out for you 2re.

Fogey I have a hazmat training down your way in February. Got some healthy Triple Grapes for ya, no seedling care required ; )
Let's get some Dunkies so I can stay awake listening to Drum Closure Instructions for 4 hours lol

Oh I’m sure they are fine, they are not supposed to be up yet...just in the dirt yesterday afternoon...

Latest posts

Back