Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new bud trimmer came in the mail today....

CD26E2CE-4EB7-4D79-BC27-7532800E0CE0.gif

Yep. Wasn’t that nuts aside from the whole thunder and snow thing.

If I think of it, I will post pics of my house after a tree split it about 10 years ago during an ice storm. My wife was freaking out last night because the meteorologists like to hype up the weather and they were saying 1.5 inches of ice some places. We lucked out and just had 5h!77y precipitation...

Dec 12th,2008-I walked in my front door around 3 am after loading out the Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Centrum and 10 seconds later it sounded like a bomb went off. This tree split my roof in half. If i had arrived 10 seconds later I would have been impaled by multiple 4" diameter branches that were driven a foot into my frozen front yard. It took me an hour to drive 5 miles from the Centrum because every road into town was blocked by down trees and power lines. I drove across some down lines like a dip5h!t but made it home. I got a measure of revenge by burning that tree for heat the next year...

DSC02510.JPG
DSC02511.JPG
DSC02512.JPG
DSC02513.JPG
DSC02515.JPG

Beautiful plants. Nightmare ice storm scenario. I'm glad no one was hurt. That is scary. I'm trying to save up to have a probably 80-100 foot cabbage pine removed from my property for exactly that reason. The thing scares me sh17less. Our ice storms are nothing to sneeze at. Not as bad as Rochester but darn close!

Yep. My dad had no power for 2 weeks during the Rochester ice storm. We were only out for a week. Coincidentally 4 hours after I bought a generator and hooked it up, power came on...

Having a problem with heat in January in New England? ***? Tent was 84 * last night when I went to check the plants. RH too low too. Left the tent open last night and aimed the humidifier in there. Temps this morning were 78 and humidity at 33. Tent exhaust is now vented outside. Hoping for some seasonable temperatures to get my purple on...

Ordered macro lens for my iPhone. I think I shake too much to use it properly. Prolly need to get a stand...

CC827B32-AFB9-4D90-9E79-89BCD8DF3936.jpeg
73DE134D-CCB3-47FC-8549-104AEA038162.jpeg
6C4E357B-7422-4BB7-9A42-E2A494C91C37.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi OF, that sure is pretty...I keep loosing my macro lens attachment which works well enough if I didn’t always misplace it...so I bought this larger WiFi microscope...it works pretty good but even on the lowest magnification it’s pretty close...easy to see the trichs though but it too needs something to stabilize it so I have ordered a goose neck attachment and will just leave the thing attached so I’ll know where it is all the time...
I’m about to pop some of those mimosa x mendo cookies beans...lookin forward to somethin special...thanks a bunch...

Thx 2re. I saw the post about your microscope. I just had a price point I was not willing to go over. I only pollinated the Mimosas with Mimosa pollen this run so hopefully will have some more Mimosa seeds. The lower buds and especially the seeded branches look like they need more time to ripen so I may harvest in steps. I plan on chopping the Mimosa plants next week as the plant seemed to amber up pretty quickly once they start to ripen.

I just wetted a couple of your seeds this morning...Mimosa (f) x Mendo Cookies (m)...
Also some seeds I bought from a seedbank that I don’t trust now one bit...but I took a chance so I’ll try them out once...one supposed to be lamb’s bread and the other supposed to be Zkittlez....I’m pretty sure they’re just bag seed...
We’ll see how it goes...but I am looking forward to a nice girl from the “house of of”!!!

Latest posts

Back