Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx. Like everyone says-you have to start with good genetics. The Mimosa plants smell orange creamsicle-ish to me and the Mendo Cookie smells cat urine-ish. I think my flowers will be bigger this run. Soil amendments, extra light, better pruning, better source of fulvic acid, water not filtered are among the changes made. If this grow ends up nicely, I hope to be able to decipher my gibberish ramblings on this thread to repeat my method. Environmental control is a wildcard for me as I don’t have as much control over temp as I’d like and my humidifier is a POS. Dehumidifier works though.

My humidity situation is horrible right now. I had a cheapo humidifier and over filled it. I drowned it! It's dead.
Do you keep a hand written log of8? I started putting together a binder. That way I can remember what I feed, cut, pinched...I suppose it only works if it's written down tho lol.

I do not. I should. And I wish I had. I am lazy that way though. I used to write detailed instructions on how to manufacture optics for a living so maybe I don’t make notes for myself because it feels too much like work(and I worked for some horrible people back then but was fresh out of college and didn’t know to tell my elders to screw)...

I am familiar with stacks of paper work. In kitchens I had logs of everything. In construction I just used a piece of paper per job lol. It was always considered tedious work by me. But, adding in that level of organisation to my grow made me feel more confident about what I'm doing. It's been a while since I've taken logs for anything and it felt good to inventory everything I have and produce some data. I printed out some resources from here, like the vpd chart and a cheat sheet for deficiency. I printed out strain descriptions and added notes to them in respect to pheno hunting and special needs. I imagine I'll rework some of it over time. Probably add photos too. Eventually fill it up, set it in the shelf and start a new one.

I think that’s one reason of8 likes to make these grow threads is to document as it goes...I did a couple of those but I usually forget to update them...I’m hoping of8 knocks it outa the park and then I can just follow his thread and mine will be great too...
What are the chances...lol...lookin good of8...can’t wait to try my mimo seeds...

Last edited:
I am familiar with stacks of paper work. In kitchens I had logs of everything. In construction I just used a piece of paper per job lol. It was always considered tedious work by me. But, adding in that level of organisation to my grow made me feel more confident about what I'm doing. It's been a while since I've taken logs for anything and it felt good to inventory everything I have and produce some data. I printed out some resources from here, like the vpd chart and a cheat sheet for deficiency. I printed out strain descriptions and added notes to them in respect to pheno hunting and special needs. I imagine I'll rework some of it over time. Probably add photos too. Eventually fill it up, set it in the shelf and start a new one.

I make lists of stuff I need to get done. For cheat sheets and charts, I book mark them on my phone. The VPD chart is one I look at but my rh has been too low to use the chart lately but I am not that concerned. Sacrificing a bit of weight for decreased exposure to mold, mildew or bud rot works for me. If I had $1500, I’d buy one of those subsonic devices umbra has that I think tricks the plant into opening its stomata up even when VPD is not optimal. I grow for me and family/friends though so I will not be investing in that until I hit the lottery... ;)

I think that’s one reason of8 likes to make these grow threads is to document as it goes...I did a couple of those but I usually forget to update them...I’m hoping of8 knocks it outa the park and then I can just follow his thread and mine will be great too...
What are the chances...lol...lookin good of8...can5 wait to try my mimo seeds...

Indeed. I do try to keep this up to date for future reference. If the site goes away though, I will have nothing to fall back on. I should probably save the web pages to my laptop but, meh. Too lazy. I hope I knock it out of the park too. Did you find some Mimosa seeds? I would be interested in seeing the Mim-Cookie crosses. I may try some outside this year. I don’t have room to try them now and I have a Mimosa mother up next along with some clones after that. Probably take me thru the summer of 2020...

What are the chances...lol...lookin good of8...can5 wait to try my mimo seeds...
It looks like it's already at the wall. They look fantastic! I'd preorder lol.
I just found something in doing the journal by hand. It connected a little better for me I guess. Maybe because it's so familiar? I don't know, I just thought maybe it would be enjoyable in a way. These threads are awesome. You don't get the collective input and guidance without them. It's a whole lot of fun talking with everyone!

07CD60C5-D642-437E-B5C9-E3E85FF3EBBE.jpeg
DE1F24BC-A0C2-455D-8379-F3B6FF5179A8.jpeg
DD5E65E3-BDE7-4B15-BC0A-4FE4C573E92B.jpeg
7 weeks Mimosa. 2 to go. No more food from here on out...

doing some file maintenance on the fogy laptop and ran across my harvest pics from my last grow. these buds are bigger and frostier than that grow with 2 weeks to stack on the weight. merry christmas to me!

You know the ‘you get what you pay for’ credo? Yep. Got one of the cheapest microscopes on Amazon. Software doesn’t work and instructions are in Chinese. So no pictures for now. Bummah...

Finally got the cruddy software for the cruddy microscope and used it to take cruddy, out-of-focus, contrastless pics of my plants. For the frustration, they should pay me. Do not buy this...

Digital USB Microscope, 50X to 1000X Magnification Mini Endoscope Camera with 8 LEDs and Microscope Stand,Compatible with Android, Mac,Window 7 8 10 for Kids, Students, Adults (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081H523QN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pYwbEb50RBQQR

VPD in action? So my basement feels damp like most basements. The tent with lights on is dry. Upper 20’s to 30’s. I run a humidifier with lights on and a dehumidifier with lights off. However, I notice that the plants need less water the drier they are. Kinda counterintuitive unless The VPD is causing the stomata to close to conserve water and preventing good respiration and transpiration so they use less water. Or maybe I just tried out my new dry flower vaporizer...

To be honest, I am dreading the trim phase. Hands have been cramping up pretty badly for some reason lately(trying potassium and magnesium vitamins to no avail). I will have to wrangle the younger fogeys into helping me with it. Used to be fun for all of us. Now it is a chore. The good news about that is I am not likely to chop early...

Latest posts

Back