There are no Stupid Weed Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1649857296643.png

OK - I'm not freaking out. I would say I am just past half way done with flowering this current run. Anyhow - I have some leaf edges that are browning up. I will post leaf pictures and a bud for general reference. I am OK with just waiting it out BUT if there is something that someone else has dealt with in reference to these brown edges or what could be a potential catastrophe in the making, please give me / us a shout here. They are not exactly everywhere but they are slowly gaining in numbers. Leaves and a bud pict. What is wrong with these leaves if anything? Thank You.

Attachments

• LeafEdges.jpeg
    LeafEdges.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 8
  • LeafEdges2.jpeg
    LeafEdges2.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 18AprBPf.jpeg
    18AprBPf.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 7
Question: In my res I run a big aquarium bubbler, double lined, 2 huge air stones connected underneath 24/7 and from the top I water with a pump in the res on the timer. The timer is one of the click ones, each click being 15 minutes. I currently have 5 clicks pushed in - so 5 - 15 minute feedings every 24 hours... What is every one else running if anyone has a similar set up? I'm not having problems - I'm just curious... A couple early mornings back I checked existing threads here and couldn't find much. Possibly, someone smoke a few and sound off, if you choose, when you get a spare couple minutes. Thank You

What kind of soil/medium are you using? Only auto feed I'm currently running is with tomatoes in perlite, and they get 15 minutes every 3 hours. Not much different than your timing. I don't think you need an air pump, at least not in perlite. The roots get plenty of air as long as the medium is allowed to drain fully between feedings.

I ended up googling it finally last night. I really did search old threads all over. It is sort of a ** loaded question now after reading up on it. Way too many variables based on humidity and the look of the growth that your getting. Enough to get the roots wet and not enough to drown them. Let them dry but not too dry. I smoked a few before bed and then looked it up. Every person who takes on hydro knows or should know your dealing with a slightly different monster. Wow, I'm way high and coffeed up this AM. LOL - Time for a break.

15 min waterings are prob drowning them. I water for 3 min lights on, 2 min @ 4 hours in, and 3 min 8 hours in, 1/4” drip lines no heads on them, 396gph pump. Total on time is 8 minutes. Plants are 5’ tall.

This is a question for future reference. Wondering if I take a syringe and use it to very carefully pollinate one of the lower smaller buds would just THAT bud produce seeds and the rest remain sinse? Once I find a strain I enjoy I would like to try it and see what happens. I don’t do clones, don’t have the patience. Has anyone ever tried this? I found a thread from 2009 that briefly touched on this with no definitive conclusion and I’m not finding much online on the subject. That thread did mention the upper buds got more resinous I guess in an attempt to catch pollen thinking a male plant was near. Potency wasn’t mentioned. Again, sorry for the dumb questions…noob learning here!

I usually use a small paint brush and pollinate a limb. Cover the limb with a plastic bag. Wet down the rest of the plant to kill any pollin that might have got on the other limbs and then remove the bag carefully.
And there are no dumb questions.

Last edited:
I usually use a small paint brush and pollinate a limb. Cover the limb with a plastic bag. Wet down the rest of the plant to kill any pollin that might have got on the other limbs and then remove the bag carefully.
And there are no dumb questions.
So it is possible then? No hit on the quality of the other buds?

If your tent has a fan in it, you can wind up pollinating the entire plant. It can be done, but ya gotta go easy. If ya can, slide a baggie over the branch you want to pollinate, mist the rest of the plant with water, and go ahead and pollinate the selected branch/bud site.

Cloning is easy. Any dummy can do it. I'm living proof!

If your tent has a fan in it, you can wind up pollinating the entire plant. It can be done, but ya gotta go easy. If ya can, slide a baggie over the branch you want to pollinate, mist the rest of the plant with water, and go ahead and pollinate the selected branch/bud site.

I’ll give it a shot on the next go-round then. Like you and @WeedHopper suggested with the bag and misting of other branches. And yes, I have 3 fans. Perhaps I’ll just turn em off for 24 or so hours. Thanks for the tips y’all.

I agree Once you learn to clone and not lose the time it takes for a seed to open and reach the same point as your clones will be is savings enough.

Next time you have a plant that needs to be thinned , take some small clone cuts and practice rooting some. Many easy ways to do so. This way you will find how easy you too can do it.
Hey if I could do it my 1st attempt anyone can .

I have a question...where is the question?
Got one
I have an auto strain that is a mystery seed from a free seed order…. What makes some buds beautiful and a branch over on the same plant the bud is spongy not tight and doesn't even resemble the rest of the plant. Not complaining mind you. Just curious if I did something wrong. I try to rotate the plants so they get even sun. I use teas for ferts compost and worm castings, even throw in sea bird guano sometimes. Maybe genetics? My seed bank grows out each strain before selling them. If he feels they are inferior he will toss them in with the free seeds. Every time you order you get 1 or 2 vials of free seeds. Maybe that it? Has anyone cone across this? I will show the difference. These branches all came from the same plant. The buds look different. Wierd!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Im trimming now most of them are lose just the topper was proper. Im going with pilot error. Maybe I missed nutes on this one I d k but it is nice and sticky it will end up in edibles. Those are the trimmed buds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Can anyone give me a suggestion on a trimmer that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? There are a few on amazon but they look like they are for salad greens not weed

Latest posts

Back