There Was a Problem With My Drug Test...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn1985

Reaction score
Well, there was a problem with my drug test yesterday.

For perspective, let me summarize what I've been through the past 2 months.

Two months ago, a good opportunity for a more stable job came my way. It's a dream job in a lot of ways. And since my current company was in a bit of a downturn, I pursued the new job opportunity. It was slow in developing, which was good because I was a daily MJ smoker and needed time to detox for the required drug test. I didn't want to try synthetic urine, or take someone else's urine. I wanted to pee clean and take no chances.

So I quit MJ, and finally had my drug test yesterday (60 days quit). I had been testing clean with over-the-counter drug tests I bought on Amazon, so I wasn't worried.

But the Human Resources person at my prospective new employer made it CLEAR that the lab would test for synthetic urine. And that the test wasn't just a formality - they were paying for a GOOD test to be done. So I decided to be on the "safe" side and drink lots of water and gatorade before the test, which I had read about online.

Big mistake.

Today, I got a call from the Human Resources person saying that my sample was rejected for being "too diluted" from "over hydration". And that I had to take the test again within 24 hours. And that if my sample was "too diluted" again, the job offer would be withdrawn. She also told me not to drink ANYTHING for 4-6 hours before the test. Bummer.

So, I gotta take the test again tomorrow. Looks like their lab is for real.

For some reason Jonny Paycheck comes to mind. but your still clean so just get up and go first thing in morning

ozzydiodude said:
For some reason Jonny Paycheck comes to mind. but your still clean so just get up and go first thing in morning

Yeah, I would have given them the "Take This Job and Shove It" thing, but my current job is so unstable...

Guy I'm working for now said "I want you to piss in the cup." I said "hold it" that was 3 yrs ago. Never mentioned since except when we pass the joint.

You should be good, take it and see, what are your options?

Best of Luck....Yellow Mojo....:eek:

After 60 days clean, why were you still worried enough to drink a lot of water?

You don't need to worry about tomorrow. Unless you've already toked. :p

SmokinMom said:
After 60 days clean, why were you still worried enough to drink a lot of water?

You don't need to worry about tomorrow. Unless you've already toked. :p

It was just an overreaction on my part...a bad decision...but I didn't toke last nite so I'm gonna retest clean tomorrow without over-hydrating...

I was kinda embarrassed to make this thread...seeming like such an idiot...but I thought it might help others...hope it does...

These days, you can't beat a good lab except with clean pee that is not over-hydrated.

Good labs are on to synthetic urine.

I am so glad you didn't toke up last night. I would have and been screwed... Like Cubby said....yellow mojo...lol

cubby said:
You should be good, take it and see, what are your options?

Best of Luck....Yellow Mojo....:eek:

Thanks...I'll produce a golden stream...:)

The soecific gravity or smell....temp ither than tge substances they look fir,

Yes I get the overdiluted thing but fir her to mention that sounds like its the loop hole

What else they testing for- its a chick behind a counter dunking a 7 way.

Least the ones ive seen- what lab tapes all the stuff up each time? Sounds like **

I had my re-test today...hope it passes...it certainly wasn't "too diluted"...I can tell you that for sure.

Yeah I would've said.. try to dehydrate if anything for 6 hours. It's tricky, but possible.. and you're clean, so no worries man :)

Good luck to you, and please keep us informed :aok:

Dr. Green Fang said:
Yeah I would've said.. try to dehydrate if anything for 6 hours. It's tricky, but possible.. and you're clean, so no worries man :)

Good luck to you, and please keep us informed :aok:

Thanks DGF...

I hope it passes...I've been clean for 60 days, but I got a PM from someone who was testing positive after 67 days...so I may fail for all I know...

I was a daily smoker for over 3 years and I've been quit for only 60 days...I may fail...and if I do, I do...I still have a good job...so I won't be devastated...

I'll post results as soon as I know...

Good, glad you still have the job you do now. :aok:

I can't wait for the day and age where THC won't be the deciding factor of you getting a JOB. Whatever happened to showing up at a job, and just freaking IMPRESSING someone with your skillset?! Bah! (random rant sorry)

Dr. Green Fang said:
Good, glad you still have the job you do now. :aok:

I can't wait for the day and age where THC won't be the deciding factor of you getting a JOB. Whatever happened to showing up at a job, and just freaking IMPRESSING someone with your skillset?! Bah! (random rant sorry)

I agree...my performance on the job should matter more than my choice of harmless relaxation techniques off the job...

Some people (like myself) can perform just as good, if not better, while medicating. See, if you have ADD / ADHD, marijuana has the general same affect as Ritalin, without the slight nausea.

That's just one thing.... I'll leave it at that lol. :D

OK, an update. Get ready for a good laugh. I sure do need one, even at the expense of revealing my own stupidity. Get ready...

I took my 2nd drug test yesterday (a day after failing due to "sample too diluted" because of over-hydration). And today, I got an email from the Human Resources person at my prospective new employer that said "I just got your negative drug test results".

I freaked out and and panicked. I thought "negative" meant I had failed. I emailed her back and said "That's impossible. Can I be retested?". And then I had to go to a meeting that lasted an hour. I was sweating and couldn't concentrate for the whole hour. I resigned myself to having to stay at my current unstable company. And I feared everyone would find out that I had failed a drug test.

When the long hour was up, I returned to my desk and had an email from the Human Resources person that said "You PASSED; negative results are GOOD".

I went to the bathroom, cleaned out my drawers, and dreamed about a good smoke tonight...my first in 61 days...

Have a smoke on me all of you...:)

Remind me to not have you drive my getaway car! :D

As Tommy Lipuma said in Goodfellas, "I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning"

Just bustin' your chops, man! Congrats!

Now, spark up some of that AK47! :bong1:

Latest posts

Back