thinking of switching to advanced nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alshuray1

dr.greenthumb
Reaction score
this is my third crop ive bin using soil for the first 2 crops
now im fully hydroponics i was using flora nova with decent results
but now i very interested in the the advanced nutes line. particularly sensi
gro. what do you guys think.

alshuray1 said:
this is my third crop ive bin using soil for the first 2 crops
now im fully hydroponics i was using flora nova with decent results
but now i very interested in the the advanced nutes line. particularly sensi
gro. what do you guys think.

Why?

BigO said:
2lb. per light

Homey, you have the most oddball posts.

Sure try it, why not. I have seen great results with alot of lines. I think any nutrient line when perfected by the grower will achieve maximum yield per watt.

i use AN line and have nufing but good to say about them but other may say diffrent its your call man sorry im no help

Sensi Grow is great for veg, but you'll want the Sensi Bloom for flowering.

If you do really short veg times you might even just use the Bloom (I know one guy who does and he does really well but he's SOG just so you know.)

I have been using AN Seinsi for a few months now with mixed results. Mainly my fault for the negatives though but I think I have the issues sorted out now.

I switched to AN after reading this http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50463 which makes pisitive reading for AN.

I was considering switching to GH but I would have to order online making them much more expensive than AN, even when allowing for some of the additives.

I would say get the 1l bottles and try them, that way if you change your mind, you are not stuck with 6 months supply.

JMO Peace W

I use Gh3 for 4 years and im finally making the switch, ill use what a friend of mine (and yours ;)) uses. Dutch Master Gold. You all might have heard of my friend, but im not gonna drop names. I trust that he knows what he is doing. He is a cannabis cup judge for last 3 years, he has created strains that people here have purchased seeds from, he makes the best bubble ever, and he pointed out how i rarely attain over 20% THC in my strains, and knew it was due to Gh3. I never told HIM my nute line...he knew it. Ive been stubborn, not listening to anyone about my nute regimen...but i think its time to see what numbers i can really get using a new flower line. I will always use GH3 for cuts and babies up to veg because i have it so dialed in with MagiCal and pH...but flowering, well we will see soon.

Ive used AN 3 part and the AN Sensi line, i like them both, but Sensi seems to offer better growth when dialed in, but is less forgiving when not dialed in well.

I wish i could get Sensi PH perfect in the States :(

I dont wish to hijack this thread but Ranek, I use Sensi ph perfect and it isnt all it is cracked up to be. I did try to let it sort out my ph but it didnt/doesnt, if you dont use ph down to get it into the zone, your plants suffer.
JMO W

I have been using GH, and I have now switched to Dutch Master Gold line for veg and bloom. Huge difference!!!

BigO said:
The Urban Grower is the only Internet show that tells you how to harvest two pounds or more per light. You'll learn how to produce the biggest, juiciest yields you've ever seen. Urban Grower tells you how to buy the best grow lights, mix primo soil, buy healthy clones and add C02 to your grow room. We give you the latest techniques for air exchange, humidity control, getting rid of mildew and mold, air movement, beating disease & insects, and the ever-important harvesting and curing. This show is available only on the Internet and only from Advanced Nutrients Medical.

This is sounding a lot like spam...."We give you....." I hope that it is not.

Also to say that "The Urban Grower is the only Internet show that tells you how to harvest two pounds or more per light." is a ludicrous statement. Can I get that with a 150W? Or do I need a 400W? A 1000W? I never trust anyone who says they have the definitive guide--after growing for 30 years, I do not believe there is such a thing.

The Hemp Goddess said:
This is sounding a lot like spam...."We give you....." I hope that it is not.

Also to say that "The Urban Grower is the only Internet show that tells you how to harvest two pounds or more per light." is a ludicrous statement. Can I get that with a 150W? Or do I need a 400W? A 1000W? I never trust anyone who says they have the definitive guide--after growing for 30 years, I do not believe there is such a thing.

I just went to the site, by the looks he just copy and pasted the intro info off there site.

nouvellechef said:
I think any nutrient line when perfected by the grower will achieve maximum yield per watt.

This is the BEST advice I have ever read.
Those lookin' for the magic nuit that will yield higher and better herb, you are wasting valuble grow time and experience looking for shortcuts.

i tryed A.N. and ive used GH 3part for awhile... donno that i can say theres much diferance.. i will be trying Dutch Master Gold tho.. just to check it out

I admit i too was sucked in by the hype of marketed bloom/bud boosters and have no issues with condeming many nute brands as crap.
As for nouvellechefs statement i agree too but when i buy stuff i dont really expect to have to mess around with it to get it to a happy medium this is something i expect the manufacturer to have pre-done.
Every nute brand i have tried without exception i have experienced some deficiency/overdosing or lockout or some problem except Vitalink.
AN i have used most of their products but you have to ask yourself this simple question.
HOW MANY MANUFACTURERS MAKE SOO MANY BUD/BLOOM BOOSTERS ALL DESIGNED TO INCREASE YIELDS.
Imheo they dont cut the mustard.
T4

OGKushman said:
and he pointed out how i rarely attain over 20% THC in my strains, and knew it was due to Gh3. I never told HIM my nute line...he knew it

I call ** bro.

First off, I love you man! OGKushman is a pimp fo sure! Solid advice and an eagerness to learn like no other. You are actually working in the market and doin' your thing....much props bro!

But don't be fooled by Titles like "breeder" or "cannibis cup judge" man. The BEST herb is grown by folks you will never meet. Believe that.

GH rox. I consistently hit over 20% usuing GH. Steep Hill Labs. Shoot man, my trim has hit 23%....trim. But I actually stopped getting herb tested, as it placed no additional value to the product, and it's a pain in the butt. A few of the dispensaries I work with have it tested, but it is still a marketing ploy for now. I do think that it will eventually go that way and all herb will have to be tested and nitrogen sealed, but we are a few years away from that at least. Bottom line is if your herb is the "One", it is obvious and the dispensary will be your best friend, until the next guy shows up with similar quality but selling it for less....ahhh....The Market.

Like NC stated, ANY nuit line will acheive the same results as any other....for the most part...lol. There is way more to yield then nuits....thats for sure.

I gotta give Advanced props though, as far as thier Nuit SUPPLEMENTS. I rock a few of thier items and love it. It sucks too, because Big Mike is a prick. But I gotta give it up for the supplements.

Oh, I should have added a word of advice about AN Sensi, on the bottles, it states 4ml per l each of A & B. If you mix to this strength, you will get all kinds of problems and an EC of around 2.8/3.

On the AN website,
hxxp://www.advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/advancepedia/hydroponics-nutrients/sensigrow-part-a-b.php

it gives a different set of instructions.

"A light feeding regimen uses 1.0 ' 1.5 ml per litre of the A-bottle plus 1.0 ' 1.5 ml/litre of the B-bottle. Simply mix each amount into your reservoir, allowing time for the first to mix before adding the second.

A heavy feeding regimen uses 2.0 ' 3.0 ml per litre of the A-bottle and B-Bottle. Mix these amounts into the reservoir, allowing time for through mixing before applying to your crops. "

Be careful when mixing AN, I mix to 2.5ml each per l and it gives me an EC of the 1.7 quoted as full strength in their nutrient calculator. Extremely misleading instructions IMO though I am getting them dialled in and my recent problems seem to have been resolved with much weaker nute strengths and daily ph monitoring, so much for ph perfect!!!!!

Green mojo. W

lol Im Sorry Im New Here But Been Growing Round About 2 Years Now And I Have To Agree With This Statement. I Have Friends Saying These Same Sorts Of Things And I Tell Them Come On Now This Has Been Around A Very Long Time And Grown Many Different Ways.
Further, There Are So Many People With The Same Videos Using "their Systems" And Selling U People **** U Dont Need. Excuse My French. Do Ur Own "homework". Like Starting Anything U Must Do That First. Peace Out

my hydro store guy said dutchmaster is the slowest selling thing in the store.. he said everybody who uses it comes back and says that it sucks.. just what i heard

Latest posts

Back