this is **

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitaminwater

Reaction score
i just want a little fan to put in my dresser.....so apparently nobody sells fans in novemeber.....went to lowes,wal-mart,target,home depot they only sell heaters.

What kind of **** is this? i have to order a fan online...........

Might wanna check one of those second hand stores. ;)
vitaminwater said:
i just want a little fan to put in my dresser.....so apparently nobody sells fans in novemeber.....went to lowes,wal-mart,target,home depot they only sell heaters.

What kind of **** is this? i have to order a fan online...........

If its just a small grow 150w, cfls or less go to radio shack or sumthing like it and get some computer fans and a 12v plug you can wire as many fans as you need to the 12 v plug and its pretty cheap and works for small grows.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT has got a guide on here how to wire them if you need any help.

LLCoolBud said:
If its just a small grow 150w, cfls or less go to radio shack or sumthing like it and get some computer fans and a 12v plug you can wire as many fans as you need to the 12 v plug and its pretty cheap and works for small grows.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT has got a guide on here how to wire them if you need any help.

ya i already tried that lol

got a 12v ac adaptor and a computer fan matched black wire with black wire and red wire with red wire i plugged it in and sparks came from where i twisted the wires together. Then i said screw this not worth getting my house burned down.

hmm thats odd never had that with mine I think its either the wrong plug or you wired it wrong and it short ciruted

as TBG said look in places like thrift shops and such. thats where i found a few of mine from got real lucky ,and got my hands on a couple of duralast garage fans (8") that push 125CFM for 2.50 each. that was better than paying 15 bucks for the same size fan when they were still on store shelves.and you wont find them in any store anyplace except maybe an odd lots or a close out store cause its out of the hot season where people are buying lots of new fans its all heaters now.winter is here.

vitaminwater said:
ya i already tried that lol

got a 12v ac adaptor and a computer fan matched black wire with black wire and red wire with red wire i plugged it in and sparks came from where i twisted the wires together. Then i said screw this not worth getting my house burned down.
was the adapter 12V DC Output?

Also if you go to a small hardware store like ace hardware or true value...you can ask them if they have one in the back. Ran into that same prob. couple years ago and they dug one out for me. Tip the dude a couple of bucks for his trouble. ;)

I feel your pain. If you have a Target around try there. I bought an 8" fan at Target a few weeks ago.

I ran into the same problem as you not to long ago Vitamin.. I finally found a good oscillating (not sure if that is spelled right) Holms fan at Office Max that had three adjustable speeds that works quite well for only about 14 or 15 bucks.. Might wanna check it out! Later!

Latest posts

Back