This post is for all of you with love..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPuffAlot

Green thumb in training
Reaction score
This is my 420th POST.

I would like to dedicate this post to all the great men/women here
with their knowledge and expertise, may we all have successful
grows and harvest.

BTW: how did 420 become a symbol for MJ?
:D

Well now that you hit the 420 mark its your turn to smoke every one up tonight;) Keep up the good work and keep it GREEN:hubba:

berserker71 said:
Well now that you hit the 420 mark its your turn to smoke every one up tonight;) Keep up the good work and keep it GREEN:hubba:
great idea berserker :D what u waiting on MrPuffAlot spark us up bro lol:D great to have u here bro hope u continue to keep that posting up:D peace

Maybe we ought to roll you up and smoke you, LOL
Since no-one answered your question, I looked around and found this for ya.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What does 420 mean? There are varying theories on the origin of 420. Some say that 420 originated from a police code that announces marijuana use is taking place. Yet another story is that a group of guys (Waldo's) in the 1970's made 4:20 their official meeting time to smoke marijuana after school. Whether or not 4:20 p.m. is the best time of day for your first hit depends on your own body, your own needs. Some folks feel that waiting until 4:20 enhances ones appreciation of the herb. Of course, your mileage may vary. [/FONT] In the 21st Century, 420 is firmly established as a code amongst tokers, a time of day and even sort of a toker's New Year's Day. It's in our culture now and only time will tell where it ends up.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]April 20th (4/20) is another usage, meaning that it is time for to plant before the summer.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whatever the real story is, 420 has been an important part of the marijuana culture since the 1970's. The significance of 420 has been kept underground and is mostly known only among marijuana smokers. Many non-smokers aren't aware of the symbolism when they see someone wearing a T-shirt or baseball cap that says 420 across the front.

When the 420 icon is somehow discreetly worked into a mainstream product like a film, marijuana users take notice. The film Pulp Fiction is rumored to have had all clocks throughout the movie set to 4:20. Marijuana smokers familiar with the symbol picked up on it—most people, however, did not.

While some marijuana smokers are using 420 as a code that enables them to openly speak about marijuana in front of parents or teachers. 420 has been to some, a sacred symbol for nearly 30 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simply put, 420 is a symbol of cannabis and its culture. Today, April 20th events are international, and 4:20 pm has become sort of a world wide "burn time".
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]smoke in peace[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KingKahuuna
[/FONT]

king thats pretty darn cool , i never did know all that about , 420 , my older cousin used this when we where kids , to go sneak off and burn one , to find out the origin after all these years is pretty cool , i never realized this , about that , untill now... thnx for the lesson..

KingKahuuna said:
Maybe we ought to roll you up and smoke you, LOL
Since no-one answered your question, I looked around and found this for ya.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What does 420 mean? There are varying theories on the origin of 420. Some say that 420 originated from a police code that announces marijuana use is taking place. Yet another story is that a group of guys (Waldo's) in the 1970's made 4:20 their official meeting time to smoke marijuana after school. Whether or not 4:20 p.m. is the best time of day for your first hit depends on your own body, your own needs. Some folks feel that waiting until 4:20 enhances ones appreciation of the herb. Of course, your mileage may vary. [/FONT]In the 21st Century, 420 is firmly established as a code amongst tokers, a time of day and even sort of a toker's New Year's Day. It's in our culture now and only time will tell where it ends up.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]April 20th (4/20) is another usage, meaning that it is time for to plant before the summer.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whatever the real story is, 420 has been an important part of the marijuana culture since the 1970's. The significance of 420 has been kept underground and is mostly known only among marijuana smokers. Many non-smokers aren't aware of the symbolism when they see someone wearing a T-shirt or baseball cap that says 420 across the front.

When the 420 icon is somehow discreetly worked into a mainstream product like a film, marijuana users take notice. The film Pulp Fiction is rumored to have had all clocks throughout the movie set to 4:20. Marijuana smokers familiar with the symbol picked up on it—most people, however, did not.

While some marijuana smokers are using 420 as a code that enables them to openly speak about marijuana in front of parents or teachers. 420 has been to some, a sacred symbol for nearly 30 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simply put, 420 is a symbol of cannabis and its culture. Today, April 20th events are international, and 4:20 pm has become sort of a world wide "burn time".
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]smoke in peace[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KingKahuuna
[/FONT]

bravo, encoure. finally someone besides me, thank you so much. i didn't know the police code one. another one i heard though before is the number of chemicals exerted into the air from burning MJ. but regardless of myth and legend, its the meeting time for all us smokers now, instead of the early few in our great history, as part of the MJ culture.

Fire it up
KT

Well there are ones that could fit, and one that is spose to be the real reason of why 420 is what it is.

Some say the police code for marijuana is 420 like KK said.

SOme say that since hitlers birthday is april 20th that that's it. Well obviously as he lived in germany their dates would be put 20-4-(year). so it'd be 204 so it doesn't work.

Some say that it's because cannabis has about 420 chemical make ups. But this isn't the correct one either although the chemical make up is actually right arond 420, i'm not sure the actual ammount. It's right arund 420 though.

The one i heard was real was a group High school stoners. They had a meet up by a certain statue every day at 4:20 because it was when they got a break. They'd meet there and smoke out. There's EXACT information on this which i'm not sure all of it but yeah. It has the name of the school and all. But that's supposedly where it came from.

I just think that's the plausable reason especially seeing how 420 does NOT direct to april 20th, it's the time of the day! :) So who knows where it really came from, but yeah.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

From Snopes;

xxx.snopes.com/language/stories/420.asp

It pains me to POST after this initial post.

This post brings me to 421. Post count.

It was hard for me not to post for the 1/2 day.
So now have come full circle.. 420 in this post,
and 421 in this post.

Thank you all.. For all your support and insight..

420 for ever..

Have a nice day and "KEEP IT GREEN"

The high school kids smoking at 4:20 every day seams like it could be really true. I remember when we were in high school school, it let out at 3:45...so after a 25-30 minute ride home we would hit it right just about every day. I dont think it has anything to do with the best times to smoke or a national burn out time...but I know its a little more fun to wait till the hands are just right on a clock and take a massive bong hit at 4:20. I also see a bunch of clothes and hats that have 4:19
usually saying "Hey its 4:19, got a minute?"
good times I have about 15 minutes now before I can burn one at 420 later guys

Latest posts

Back