Timers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am doing all my projects myself and I am using different sockets. SO my question is -- instead of buying all these timers how could i connect some of my lights to one timer instead of just one light to each timer? I sure hope this makes since.
I appreciate any help,
Have a good one,
missy :giggle:

Oh forget the PS
I am using a extention cord that has 5 sockets and is a power serge. thanks again

I tried it before and ended up melting my timer. Be careful.

i use 1 timer on a power strip that has 10 sockets. mine has never even got warm. but im sure it could very easily.

Thank you guys for the help. Happy growing. So i guess there's not much to do but to use different cords with different plugs and not to over load them.

Keep the growing going.

Me ;)

Just using different outlets doesn't assure that you are on different circuits.

What kind/wattage of lights/fans are you using? What is the gauge wire of the extension cords you are using?

Hey Hemp,
I am just using the CFLs and as far as the wires have no clue. The fan is just a very small metal one. Hope this makes since.

Thanx again:hubba:

You should be just fine. CFLs pull very low wattage. Just don't do long runs with skinny little extension cords. I would think that you could plug your lights into one timer and your fans into another. Just make sure that there are no other big energy users on the same circuit.

Latest posts

Back