To young to feed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Hey guys so I took some clones 2 weeks ago today on monday they were rooted in the cloner. Yesterday I tore up some 1 in. rw cubes to use as medium so I could put them into 4 in. cubes to setup on my dripper system. I never seen this done before but is seemed like it would work. Today they seem to have picked there heads back up as well. So I think there good.

Heres my question would it be to soon to mix up say a 200 ppm sol in my rez., and go ahead and start feeding them? I really messed up on getting this cloning thing down and its costed me about a month to learn :( but now i seem to have it with all my last round rooting in 10 days :). So im wantin to get them eating and growing fast so I can get some more flowering right away.

I feed my clones a weak feed right away....but I am kind of a hvy feed type of guy. I don't think feeding them a light feed wld hurt. jmo

They had bout a 1/2 of root or so i'd say inside the cube. Don't know if that helps like I said im just learning the art of the clone lol it was kinda a rough road for me for something so easy lol.

Thanks hammy I just don't want to burn them and lose even more of them lol. I think I can chock up 2 of them and my micro can grow to feeding too soon. But they honestly had little more than root bumps.

Clones are genetically as old as the mother they came from. Clones can handle feed a lot sooner than seedlings. I give my clones a light does of nutes as soon as they go from the cloner to the DWC unit.

I use Olivias cloning solution to wet my rw when I clone so theres a little bit of nutes there already. As soon as I get decent roots showing I feed right away. I keep it light around 400-500ppm the first week or so until they get well rooted then bump it up weekly.

Awesome thanks for all the help guys Im mixing up my sol right now.

im w/ ak on that. as soon as roots appear 4-500ppm for couple weeks then usually jump by 100 every wk until i see signs of enough then go up or down by 25 to find the sweet spot. GL

imo mj fast evolving an growers need to be..i start seedling w nutrients..by the time the first 5 come they get reg veg nutes have no problems..jmo

Latest posts

Back