Too much of a good thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWB

Reaction score
I've got 34 plants going, I expect to lse about 1/2 as males. They began germination on January 11. They are currently between 28" and 32" tall. I've got 10 White Widow, 10 White Lady, 10 AK48 and 4 AK 47. 2 AK47 males have been pulled. I set the light down to 12/12 because the AK47 was showing alternating nodes. After examing the other plants, I kicked the light back up to 20/4 on Feb. 15.

I set the light back down to 12/12 on Feb. 24 and plan to leave it that way. They certainly DON'T need more vegging. They have huge leaves and look exceptionally healthy.

I'm using GH 3-part with a 2-2-1 grow-micro-bloom mixture.

The problem is, there are few, if any alternating nodes showing on any of the plants except the AK47. I've only got about 2 more feet until they start hitting the bulb. How do I limit the height and get them to bud? Should I pinch them? Should I switch to a bloom mixture with the nutes? Should I put chicken wire above?

While I know that limiting light will cause a mature plant to bud, I am not sure if it will cause an immature plant to mature more quickly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've included a couple of pictures. I think they look very good.

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

if the plants start getting too tall, bend the branches. just tie it up. gently. you dont want to break it

Latest posts

Back