Towards the end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
Hello all, I am close to the end. A friend of mine told me that if the last 2 days of grow I turn off the light and feed it I've cold water. Ph of course that it will confuse the plant and make it think it the end of world and will be much more potent. Is this true.

Thanks a bunch. Kisses

I wouldnt put much stock to it friend some says it works others says it dont its all part of yur recipie, if yual thinks its a help then do it but if it dont seem to do anythin then dont do it. Hope what ever trail yual take it ends with a great harvest friend ;)

BWD

I personally do not believe that is true. There is nothing the plant is going to be able to do in 2 days that is going to increase in trich production. I have never found any credible studies done that show stressing the plants like that can be of any benefit. You can, on the other hand, damage trichs quite easily.

The theory is that In a last ditch effort to reproduce, the plant secretes more resins in order to try and catch pollen before it dies, as the trichs are sticky so they can grab pollen. Some say its true, some don't, I do it......I'm not sure if it really works, but in my mind it does. I've never done a control to compare, and I probably won't. It's just a theory I believe in. Do I see noticeable results, no not really. But it certainly doesn't hurt it.

I have put a plant ready for harvest in a dark room and left it for 2 days before simply because I was too busy to trim it for a couple of days. I have never seen any improvement in my plants when I did this. I am also not sure what is meant by the plant secreting resin? Are you saying that it supposedly secretes more cannabinoids? More THC and CBC? Aren't immature resins pretty impotent?

I don't see how it can work. Stress is counter productive. To receive optimum benefits you must provide optimum conditions.

:yeahthat:

Actually Cubby that is really my main point--I simply do not see how it could work. We discarded the old "drive a nail through the stem" thing a long time ago as counterproductive. I am one of those that needs to see some kind of data, studies, etc to show something works or doesn't work. There are still a lot of myths out there that are counterproductive.

Latest posts

Back