transplanting problem (1st grow): drooping leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libjoe67

Reaction score
I just transplatted my 1 ft high plant (2 months old) from a 1/2 gallon holder to a 5 gallon holder. After a day, the complete plant started to droop. Is this common? I just watered it thinking it needed water but I am not sure I did the right thing. Is it in shock or is it something more???? Please help. I would be bummed if I damaged the plant in any sort of way. By the way, I read up on transplanting and did exactly what I was supposed to do. The leaves are vibrant green and notice nothing other than the drooping. The stem is still strong. Any educated guesses out there?????

nothing to worry about, buddy... prob just transplanting shock... as long as the extra soil in the container was pre-moistened and/or you watered after the transplant and it is still getting plenty of light, it will be fine. :)

one thing I always do when transplanting... I use a solution of Super Thrive to moisten the soil with, and to initially water the transplanted girl with too.

this seems to help with any transplanting shock they may endure.:cool:

Hey Joe,
I agree with that Crazy VanCouver Guy...
I've been using Thrive and never had any transplant problems at all.
Seriously. Or use B vitamins if you have it. When I transplant I usually use Fish Emulsion and Thrive, even for planting my new clones. They really love it and are very happy. Usually a capfull of Thrive and a cap full of Fish in a gallon. I also saturate my dry soil with the same mixture, making sure it is good and wet BEFORE the roots touch the soil... It's not too late to give it a good dose.
Later Buddy. :bolt: :watchplant:

water her good with ST and wait...they should perk up in no time. but dont overwater- if you gave her a good dose wait till shes ready and water agian. you be fine, it happens!

Thanks guys! I didn't think I would get a response so I did a little research to see what I could find on my own. I figured it out. I thought I would be smart by using good clay from the back yard at the bottom of the new pot. I thought this would prevent me from watering often. I over watered it and it basically sat at the bottom without draining the excess water. I panicked and transplanted the plant again in pure soil and problem solved. I woke up this morning and the plant is perky as hell. I know I took a chance on ruining my first plant but it looks like the risk payed off. Thanks for all your help.

thats good your learning and researching....i give you rep for that.

i will tell you.

THE MORE YOU READ, THE BETTER THE WEED.

so just use the forum as a guide when u run into a problem...read the faqs and your well on your way.

i will also say, never bring in soil from outdoors unless youve conditioned it yourself. going in the yard and just digging up soil isnt the way to do good, it will just bring in more problems.

but your learning and that is more powerful than any material possesion you can buy! (other than the good buds youll grow! but even then you cant just buy your own homegrown you gotta live it! love it! learn it!)

goodluck my friend!

trillions of atoms said:
thats good your learning and researching....i give you rep for that.

i will tell you.

THE MORE YOU READ, THE BETTER THE WEED.

so just use the forum as a guide when u run into a problem...read the faqs and your well on your way.

i will also say, never bring in soil from outdoors unless youve conditioned it yourself. going in the yard and just digging up soil isnt the way to do good, it will just bring in more problems.

but your learning and that is more powerful than any material possesion you can buy! (other than the good buds youll grow! but even then you cant just buy your own homegrown you gotta live it! love it! learn it!)

goodluck my friend!

Thanks again for the help...

Hey Trill,
I wanted to add a note to something I've learned... when transplanting always use the same soil if possible... the water can't diffuse as well into soils of different consistency. Or if you have to, like from one bad soil to a better soil, you might have some problems getting the roots to reach into the new medium... so always put the starts in the same soil you'll be using all the way through. And stick to only commercial soil. Spending an extra few dollars at the beginning is worth it. Don't skim or try to save on cheap soil. Fox Farms is great. I should be doing a commercial! LOL.
:bolt: :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back