Tree Tomatoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasualGrower

Reaction score
Anyone ever order and grow those Tree Tomatoes that came out a year or 2 ago???? They grow like 8 ft tall and fruit like CRAZY Supposedly....

I took the plunge this year and ordered them and got the big earlys too.

Just curious if anyone has tried them or not and if they live up to the hype.

I saw them in my Burpee's catalog that came last week and wondered the same thing, keep us posted! Tomatos are impossible to grow outside in FL the traditional way. Rabbits, birds, nematodes...

I was gifted one of these plants and wasn't impressed at all by it. It was way outperformed by my normal strains of tomatoes. Every year i grow several different heirloom, beefsteak, cherry, yellow, and romas but I wouldn't buy that tree. I grow more tomatoes than anything in my garden, I really enjoy it and all the neighbors talk trash on each others gardens and who has the best tomatoes so I really have to keep up with it. I caught a lot of flack about that tomato tree. Maybe you'll have a different experience, let us know and good luck.

ever see those upside down tomato growers
i wonder if they would work with mj

GeoffTheMess said:
ever see those upside down tomato growers
i wonder if they would work with mj

i am gonna order one of those next week on payday its called the topsy turvy and give it a try. i saw one on a infomercial and said hmmm! i'll try almost anything once, it would be pretty cool to see mj growing upside down!

i plant outdoor gardens every year. i help several of my friends elderly parents tend thier gardens also. last year, one of these planted 8 tomatoe trees'. they vegged beautifully, dark, and lush. but i agree with mike, the fruit was'nt impressive enough for my own garden.

my beefsteaks, beefeaters, big boys, way outperformed these trees. do you remember the largest tomatoe thread?:hubba: ...bb...

Latest posts

Back