Trimming the bud! Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hottip

HOTTIP
Reaction score
There's a wealth of knowledge here on when to dry, how to dry but not being the pro grower I need to get some information on after the dry. How do I trim these little buds. I took the first batch and trimmed all the leaves off then all I had left were the little buds. It didn't look like some of the stuff that I have bought but then again I may have cleaned and trimmed my grow better than commercial grown weed.

Sounds like you did a good job then.

Some leave on the small leaves, to protect the buds.
Some like to trim the flower down to a farethewell. Just lil calix nuggets left.
Some like me do it both ways.
Remember, You grew this and you can trim it anyway you llke.
I have also found that the buds on some plants will be denser than others. Some like Rocks and some Airey.

Good luck to you.
I am sure your bud is great however you trimmed it.

Hello hottip :)

If it has visual Trichomes that can be seen with the naked eye, they stay on my buds.

We grow this plant for its Trichomes.

Only take them off if you are planning to make hash.

The leaf will dry and crumble in your jar as you lift out and put back buds, when the jar is empty of buds, you have a reserve.

Trich laden leaf matter.

It will be smoked, it will get you to the same place we all visit.

I guess we all do things differently.

Just how I personally do a couple of jars so I have a reserve.

You will find what suits your preference as you gain experience.

:peace:

I personally trim off every single bit of leaf material that I can. I want to be smoking pure bud--I believe that it smokes smoother, less harsh. I do, however, save all those trich filled little leaves to make bubble hash (I am enjoying some now:hubba: )

HippyInEngland said:
Hello hottip :)

If it has visual Trichomes that can be seen with the naked eye, they stay on my buds.

We grow this plant for its Trichomes.

Only take them off if you are planning to make hash.

The leaf will dry and crumble in your jar as you lift out and put back buds, when the jar is empty of buds, you have a reserve.

Trich laden leaf matter.

It will be smoked, it will get you to the same place we all visit.

I guess we all do things differently.

Just how I personally do a couple of jars so I have a reserve.

You will find what suits your preference as you gain experience.

:peace:

I do this as well. I am keeping the bigger stuff for keef/hash .....

Latest posts

Back