um, el helpo requesto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
hey guys. i havent watered my plant in 2 days bc the soil is still a bit moist, but not bad. the plants showing over watering signs, i gave it good holes to get rid of what it didnt need.

from the pic is it overwatering? and should i water tomorrow when the soil will be dry? or give it an extra day so the leaves perk back up? oh and the leaves are a bit worse looking, sag wise, should i be concerned?

btw, it wont let me upload the pic bc its in my grow journal already.. so please click the link in the sig for my grow journal, very last post i put the pic in.

wait until she is almost completely dry, usually able to tell by sticking your finger in the dirt about a inch or so. you can also check by how heavy your container is. I have gotten so use to doing it that way that its almost like clockwork lol

my ph meter says how moist it is, maybe my soil holds water longer than i thought and my ph meter is dumb. its on 2 out of 10. 12&3 are red for dry.

it looks a bit wet, feels moist so im gonna probably wait til 2 days from now to water it again.

thanks. this is solved to, just making sure it wasnt anything else.

Wow. I am completely impressed SB. This the first thread of your that I read of your that nobody had to edit.....lmao. keep it up and you may in timeget off the Mods bad side..

Regarding your moisture meter. Be sure to scrub the probe tip with a scouring pad before each use. Then test it against a cup of water (don't use a Sytrofoam cup), it should measure completly wet in a cup of water if it's calibrated properly.

Apart from that your plants are stretching. Put those lights in a lot closer. You have fuoros, right? Fluoros can be placed betwen an inch to two inches away without burning.

I also see nutrient nurn.

One more thing: Your meter should be good for measuring moisture. Concerning measuring pH, those cheap meters are no good whatsoever for measuring pH. A good digital meter is needed to for measuring the pH of the solution with which your watering. Measuring soil pH with a meter requires an expensive meter. Personally, I use Fox farm Ocean Forest soil with one tablespoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil. My digital meter is used to measure the watering solution, and I aim for a pH between 6.2-6.4 per BBP's advise. Using that method has worked for me. I believe that the soil pH we're shooting for is about 6.5-6.8.

As with BBP (cool dude on this site) I rarely measure soil pH because it's hard for me to do. I simply make sure that I have good soil, with proper aeration and water with water of proper pH, and it seems to work out well.

Either you're over-watering or under-watering is my guess.

city, im trying on that haha it seems to be working.

AY, im having a hardtime getting soil ph too, it says 7.0 but i think im doing it wrong. i need to lower it if its right. and yeah its prolly too cheap.

and the overwatering or underwatering is my concern. i dont know for sure.

i made a thread before i remembered this one and its of pics today it looks horrible and i think its gonna die.

oh and the cfls are at about an inch and a half away.

heres a pic i took less than 20 minutes ago. even more droopy. am i overreacting or will it bounce back? chances of having a hermie now? ah, im really worried right now. i dont know if i should give water now or tomorrow. tomorrow seems right, but idk.

please answer soon i have less than an hour, and if its not gonna make it through i dont want to waste money on lights i obviously wouldnt need. please hurry, and thank you to anyone that answers this

well, i said this in other posts, i have a clear container, but i put it in something to atleast darken the soil so theres not as much light. i pulled it out and looked and i saw some green in the soil. im thinking the roots rotted how else can i check? and do you think it would do anything smoking the little bit of buds thats on there or would they be rotted as well, or thc too immature?

well nevermind, this is solved. decided to just add nute water anyway bc i thought it was gonna die. and thats what it needed i think, bc it was shrivled up almost, now its perky and back and going. just hope this doesnt result in a hermie.

ohno.jpg

Latest posts

Back