up-side-down???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_toker81

'Re'Member???
Reaction score
i just saw this comercial on tv for this thing called topsy turvy for a tomato planter that grows the tomatoe plants upside down and was getting an idea in my head. i think you all know what it is. you think its possible? i think i might try it out and see how it goes. lol. u never know it might turn out really well!:D

yes its possible there is quite a few threads on it allready ,,,just hit the resorces :p goodluck :peace:

i have one out side with strawberries in it, the bottom doesnt get much light they are about 5 inches so make sure u have a pretty tall plant to grab the sun, im sure it would work fine, i wan thinking i could hang ten from the celing and they would not take mucj space, they are about 8 inches wide, i was thinking frame a box that was big enough and u would have to lower the lights, and line the inside walls with some leds to get side penetration, and sice they spin u can turn them so that one side doesent get all the light maybe a lil carousel

I like the topsy turvy tomato tree. Where its growing out the side instead of the bottom.
Dont know how it would really work. But seems like it would be fun to try.

I have been taking care of my nieghbors since he had to go out of state for three months. So far all I can say is yeah they grow out the bottom, but as soon as they can they will turn and grow upright (Geotropism) once the plant can get out from under the basket. I doubt it would be a great idea to grow MJ in. you could do it. I would guess it would be some stress to the MJ. JMO :)

hahaha. i just thought i would post a thread ppl could have fun with. it was a fun idea i though... i really think im going to try it though just to actually see what i can get out of it. i also thought about maybe since im in the construction business about making a secret 15" panel in the closet and hanging a few in there and having the lights on the floor. i dunno it was just a thought..

one of my friends knew a guy that upsidedown was the only way he'd grow. he had pics of many grows sprout to harvest but i think i'll stike with the natural way.

i thought i was the only one that watched alot of tv
seen it my self and pondered
:cool:

Thought i was the only one that drunk too much lol.

The topsy turvy thing probably works, whatever floats your boat, but the hanging upside down with light/lights on floor,,, NAH MAN!!

Water dripping on lights for one and heat rises so your plants will be in the warmest spot etc.

Been threads on this before, its do-able, but unless you using something like the topsy turvy thing then why??

Peace

i dunno man.. im married with kids and dont get out much these days.. so i try to find interesting things around the house to do...

i was in k mart the other day getting a couple more pots and saw that thing in the corner and said to my self, self do you think it would work. i diddnt think it would inside, to much trouble, i have a hard enough time as it is.

These things have been around about 5 years (they just change the name every couple years to net a new batch of curious people). They don't work for anything other than vines ( tomatos are essentialy vines) the weight of the fruit is what is supposed to make it grow towards the ground. There have been at least a dozen people on this board who have wondered about these in the past, once you sit down and think about it you realise what a total waste of time these things are.

Latest posts

Back