Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Using Jiffy Peats...

smokie

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post and I wanna say I LOVE THIS FRICKIN PLACE!!! There so much knowledge, Its unbelievable! With that out the way, =) this will be my first grow. I will be attempting to make only one single grow, that way I can tweak and see what I do wrong or right, instead of having a whole bunch and being confused.

I started my germination about two days ago, and after the first day, the seed cracked and i could see a root gettin ready to come out. I come back today, and theres a root thats like almost half an inch long! HOT DAMN! Talk about fast. Ok, im rambling. Heres my question:

I have some jiffy peat, and after doing a quick search, found out that its one of those love-it or hate-it deals. Anyway, I watered the pellet, it expanded, placed the seed through the hole-- root down of course, and kinda squeezed it to get rid of excess water and to make sure the root is some what held in place. Now theres a hole at the top, should I move the peat around to make sure that its covered and that no light gets in? I'm a bit lost, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Whats up smokie. Welcome to the forum. I myself have never used the Jiffy Peats but IMO i would cover the seed. Good luck on your first grow.

halftoke

Reaction score
hiyas smokie;

[thread=19516]The Brothers Grunt[/thread] has a great thread about germination, post #15 (LdyLunatic) deals specifically with Jiffy Peats (and is a technique I wanna try...)

:D

smokie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I thought i had everything down but now, im being anal about everything, lol. I have a question for y'all. No lights until it breaks surface, correct?
=)

LdyLunatic

i wanna be cool too!
Reaction score
no way man....leave that light on....24 hours at first

all my stuff is on 24 hour veg until flower time..then put straight to 12/12 to start flower

get the light close too....don't want it stretching

smokie

Reaction score
thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. I need to start a journal and get some pictures, lol. Btw, thanks brother grunt, im using your wally world lighting for my vegging. I saved big money, too! lol

Latest posts