Vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazedu812

Reaction score
I have two plants growing inside and am going on vacation for 8 days. I usually water every 4 days or so. Is there any simple and cheap solution so I can keep my plants alive while I'm gone? I will water right before I leave but they will need water again on the fourth day. Any Ideas? Thanks!

I have two plants growing inside and am going on vacation for 8 days. I usually water every 4 days or so. Is there any simple and cheap solution so I can keep my plants alive while I'm gone? I will water right before I leave but they will need water again on the fourth day. Any Ideas? Thanks!

what's your setup exactly?

Growing indoors. 2 plants in 3 gallon pots. 1 plant 12 inches tall the other plant in smaller 3-4 inches tall. Small room with ceiling fan. I am doing a CFL grow. Thanks!

I have no idea. If you let them sit in water they will be dead in 8 days. If you or someone else doesn't water they will be dead in 8 days. You could put them in big pots maybe.

I had my wife water for me. I was only gone 4 days. She kept them alive. But they was pretty poor looking when I got home last night. You could have the correct amount of water stored and have a solenoid on a timer to release the water. But it won't be the easiest or cheapest way. I don't think there will be a simple solution for you, go be honest.

Rosebud, that's my exact dilemma. I have no one I can get to water them. I am thinking of some kind of drip solution of some sort. Something that will just keep ém alive for 8 days.

yarddog, I am thinking if I water them with the regular amount of water and use some kind of bottle with some thing to make it drip the rest of the water in over the last four days.........

One of those glad water bulb things wouldn't work you think just for that time. You know it's a ball of glass with a tube thing, stick the tube part in the soil with it filled with water. Get a couple of those?

The only problem is cannabis doesn't like soil to stay moist. But it may be your only chance. Either way, these plants likely will not make it.

I just googled how to keep your plants watered while on vacation and found a bunch of stuff.. check it out.

This is what I would do. Get a small submersible pump. Make a tube with a Y to access both plant pots. Put the pump in a bucket of water with desired amount of water.
Put it on a timer at 4 days to turn on and 1 minute? to turn off. Practice before you leave.

PP06605 : 66 GPH, Submersible, Table Top Fountain Pump, Indoor/Outdoor - 3W, 5' Cord

The next time they need watered you'll be home. Very inexpensive. I never tried this but when I read your post it got me to thinking what would I do. Green mojo.

Bongofury, that's a great Idea. I just ordered the stuff.I already have a timer that will turn the pump on at day 4. I will test it to make sure it works well before hand. Will post the results!!!! Thanks for the info!

Rosebud, I did the whole google thing but it really looks to me that I would end up over-watering with the examples I saw. There where not too many examples of things to do specifically for weed plants...lol. The pump and the timer thing is the best way. Thanks for your Help!

Thanks for all the replies!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back