vegg time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
HI, been away for a while they had me working nights. im back now. i was wondering if i could talk to you about vegg. i was wondering if i could vegg in dixie cups for the whole time of veg or do i have to put in bigger pots while in veg. and when i transplant before veg will they produce as much bud as if i transplanted earlier in veg.

mslady_1983 said:
HI, been away for a while they had me working nights. im back now. i was wondering if i could talk to you about vegg. i was wondering if i could vegg in dixie cups for the whole time of veg or do i have to put in bigger pots while in veg. and when i transplant before veg will they produce as much bud as if i transplanted earlier in veg.

You could but I sure would not recommend it....I have vegged and flowered out clones in 20 ounce cups with good success but that is mature clones not plants from seed. I start beans in solo cups and then transplant to 1/2 gallon pots for the whole veg before moving them to 1 gallon pots for flower. Besides getting root bound and diminishing your yield a bit there also is the matter of watering all the time which gets old quick. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
You could but I sure would not recommend it....I have vegged and flowered out clones in 20 ounce cups with good success but that is mature clones not plants from seed. I start beans in solo cups and then transplant to 1/2 gallon pots for the whole veg before moving them to 1 gallon pots for flower. Besides getting root bound and diminishing your yield a bit there also is the matter of watering all the time which gets old quick. Jmo

thanks i hear ya on the work part. any more advice would be appreciated

thanks for the reply. i have germ them 2 weeks ago. when do you consider them to be in the veg phase.

soon as they take to open air yual be veggin pilgremess ;)

Well thats way I sees it
BWD

I veg to nodes start to stagger then I flip so I dont creat any monsters ;) Once gain thats just me.

BWD

im sorry what does that mean

BackWoodsDrifter said:
soon as they take to open air yual be veggin pilgremess ;)

Well thats way I sees it
BWD

mslady_1983 said:
thanks for the reply. i have germ them 2 weeks ago. when do you consider them to be in the veg phase.

Like BWD said, soon as they come above dirt they are in veg. I don't feed my seedlings till about 3 weeks in, a lil earlier if they start yellowing. Then I start them on 1/2 strength nutrients. Once they get their first feeding I ph everything from there on out that goes into my pots to 6.5.

Best ways to keep your plants in veg on the smaller more manageable side is to veg under HO T5's and to start with lst training as soon as you can. If you start bending them over early you should be able to stay on top of them...provided you are not running a strain that leans heavy to the Sativa side. Jmo

Latest posts

Back