ventalation question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashplant420

Reaction score
ok i got my self a 300 cfm inline duct fan my room is under a 100 square feet.
im goin to venting my 1000 watter is it goi to be good anuff for my area.
and should i pull the air threw the hood or blow it threw any sugestions...:holysheep:

whats the cubic feet of the room? 100 square feet is a lot mor then 300cubic feet..be sure exhaust is at top and intake is on bottom of grow area..Pulling air threw the light...I also would like to say add a wye at the exhaust so you can vent the heat at top of room as well..Hope this helps..:bolt::bong:

room is 100 square feet and my inline fan is 300 cubic feet per minute

First you have to understand the terms you're using. Cubic feet measures the volume a space.

Square feet measures the area of a space.

Volume is how much water a tub will hold.

Area is how much floor space the tub sits in.

Now, I'll take it for granted that your room is 8 feet in height.

If so, then it's 100 square feet (times) 8 feet in height.

You have 800 cubic feet of volume in your room.

Your fan moves 300 cubic feet of air per/minute.

That means that the total volume of the air in your entire room is replaced every 2 minutes and 40 seconds.

There is no way your light will heat that volume of space faster than it will be cooled by that fan.

The fan would be most effective if used to draw fresh air into the room at the farthest distance from the fan through a passive vent that allows the full volume of air to pass through it with minimal restriction. If the area of the passive intake is too small, it'll restrict the fan and could shorten it's life span. Make the size of the passive intake a minimum of one square foot in area. That would be (any number of inches (times) any number inches = 12). For example; 2 x 6, or 1 times 12 or 3 times 4. Each of those will result in 12 square inches of area.

ok my room is 6x4x4 so the whole room is 96 squarefeet all together right.

hashplant420 said:
ok my room is 6x4x4 so the whole room is 96 square feet all together right.
You have a six feet wide by 4 feet long by 4 feet high room?

Was this room built by aboriginal midgets?

If that's it's measurements, then you didn't understand what I posted.

6 x 4 (width x length) is square feet.

6 x 4 x 4 (width x length x height) is cubic feet.

You have 96 CUBIC feet of volume, not area.

Read what I posted again and think about it. If you apply yourself, you can understand it easily. You need to understand what you're doing, not just doing something someone tells you to do.

Slow down. Read it to understand it. It'll make sense to you when you do understand it.

POTUS said:
You have a six feet wide by 4 feet long by 4 feet high room?

Was this room built by aboriginal midgets?

its 6 and a half feet give or take high 4feet x 4feet wide

i read wut you said like 10 times bro i read that the bulb gets hot so the fan is goin to do me fine for my area and im not aboriginal

L x W = Square Feet
4 x 4 = 16 Sq ft

L x W x H = cubic feet
4 x 4 x 6 = 96 cu ft

That is the proper way describe room dimensions,
not the 6h x 4w x 4l = 96 cu ft. Same amount of cubic feet but one has an 4 foot ceiling and the other a 6 foot ceiling...oh and 4u2 answered your ?

Latest posts

Back