Ventilation/Odor Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyFreshB

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm tired of using the closet to grow in. So, I decided to plan out a whole new setup, and purchase everyhting at once. All the items Are most likely going to be coming from htg supply. I'm planning on going with the 4'x4' grow tent. Reason for this is I don't have alot of space, because I live in an apartment. Another big thing is going to be odor control. Would it be ok if I used a 6" carbon filter with a 270 cfm inline fan. Would this take care of ventilation and odor at the same time. To help with temp control I plan on running 6" ventilation with a inline fan with a air coolable reflector. Also, the light I'm leaning toward is a 600w digital HID.

JerseyFreshB said:
Hey everyone. I'm tired of using the closet to grow in. So, I decided to plan out a whole new setup, and purchase everyhting at once. All the items Are most likely going to be coming from htg supply. I'm planning on going with the 4'x4' grow tent. Reason for this is I don't have alot of space, because I live in an apartment. Another big thing is going to be odor control. Would it be ok if I used a 6" carbon filter with a 270 cfm inline fan. Would this take care of ventilation and odor at the same time. To help with temp control I plan on running 6" ventilation with a inline fan with a air coolable reflector. Also, the light I'm leaning toward is a 600w digital HID.

Sounds like a winner to me,

Goodluck

I have an 8 inch exhaust fan on a charcoal filter pulling in the fumes from 4 1000 watt lights and a bunch of plants. It works wonderfully. Im sure a 6 would be excellent for your situation. My reflectors are air cooled as well, just remember you will need a 6 inch fan for the lights as well. Good luck to ya!

I've seen things where it says to put an inch of charcoal on the bottom of your pot, says it absorbs some of the plant odor. Does anyone know if it works well?

I can't see how an inch of charcoal on the bottom of the pot would reduce odor? I don't think it would work. Just my 2 cents.

TGT

The 270cfm would work if it doesn't lose much cfm once you attach the carbon scrubber. The cheap inline duct fans won't work.

The charcoal in the bottom of the pot I think is a marketing idea. I guess if you can't smell the roots it works. The Scotts charcoal I got says on the bag to put an inch or two in bottom to absorb decaying plant odors. It also takes out impurities in the water if you mix it in the soil. Marketing

I have read somewhere that there are other beneficial reasons for the charcoal not just odor absorbing.

I'll just use it in the scrubber for right now.

Latest posts

Back